1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If a game freezes at the loading screen

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 2sweet4u, Jan 30, 2005.

1. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

If a game freezes at the loading screen, a backup, does this mean that it needs to be patched?

And can anyone tell me how to tell if a game needs a patch, in general?

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Most newer games need to be patched just use pxhddloader it patches it automatically has worked great for me.

Degalle

3. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

Is that an application that I run through my dashboard after I have backed the game up onto my hard drive?

4. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

new question.. is it too late to patch if the game is already on the hard drive and I don't have the original copy anymore? (let's just say that my original copy got scratched up ;] )

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

What game in particular are you having problems with?? is it DOA Ultimate??? that game gave me problems and I had to edit the doa2.xbe file to default.xbe with DVD2XBOX 6.2...let me know how I can help.

6. 2sweet4u

2sweet4u Regular member

Yep, DOA Ultimate and Burnout 3

7. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Okk, I didn't have a problem with Burnout3 but I can help you with DOA. There is a problem with a file called doa2.xbe on the second disk which I guess helps it determine what disk is what since it's a 2 disk game.. What I did was in dvd2xbox 6.2(don't know what version your working with) I went to edit.xbe file and changed that doa2.xbe to default.xbe and saved then i rebooted the xbox and it loaded up with no problems.. that's it!!! what's the deal with burnout 3??? did you back it up with hdloader or dvd2xbox??? anyways, try backing up with both of them see if that works.