1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I bought a Kreon flashed DVD writer/reader drive...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by magus57, Jan 23, 2007.

1. magus57

magus57 Regular member

What software would I need to read/patch/write Xbox360 games?

2. nmpue

nmpue Guest

The Samsung SH-D162C is just a DVD-Rom reader.
    When flashed with Kreon 0.81 firmware it can read 360 games.
    You can use Xbox Backup Creator to make an image and then burn onto a Double Layer disc using CloneCD.

3. mduga

mduga Regular member

Can it also read Xbox one games? I tried doing halo 2 using Xbox Backup Creator. It starts out fine, but at about 8% done, it give me a read error outside of the file system data area. Says it might still work with xbox one games. I click the Zero Fill Sectors button, and it just keeps having read errors. I am guessing it's not working. So xbox 1 games you can't backup with this drive, or is there a different method? Thanks.

-Duga-

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

un XBC there is a little check marking saying xbox 1 and xbox 360 or something along those lines. try checking that and see if it fixes your situation. hopefully it does.

5. mduga

mduga Regular member

Ya I tried that already. The only thing that worked was checking the "Use Sector Mapper" for Xbox one games, but it says that this doesn't make a 1:1 copy. Is it still gonna work?

Thanks.

-Duga-

6. magus57

magus57 Regular member

So wait, so it only reads, not write, correct? And can just about any DL DVD burner work (I have a Sony DRU-510A) to burn the image using CloneCD? Does the Xbox Backup Creator patch the image too? And do I need any special options enabled in CloneCD when burning to DL DVD?

7. nmpue

nmpue Guest

Yes, you'll need a DVD burner as well. I use an Asus and that works for me.
    Xbox Backup Creator does everything for you, it creates two files, .dvd
    & .iso takes around 15 minutes.
    In CloneCD just click on Write from ImageFile and select the .dvd file and burn.

8. magus57

magus57 Regular member

I found a program called "Schtrom360XtractV5.0", which can supposedely both read and write 360 games and regular Xbox games, is it a good program?

9. nmpue

nmpue Guest

Schtrom is a good program, I don't use it as Xbox Backup Creator works for me. Just use what works for you.

10. mduga

mduga Regular member

You will probably want to get the SH-D162C so your computer can read the 360 games. Xbox Backup Creator is a great program and will let you read and write discs.

Any burner that can bitset/booktype DVD+R media to DVD-Rom, should work. Some are preferred because they will automatically do this. You may have to upgrade your firmware to make it work. I use a DVR-109 from Pioneer. I know a lot of people prefer the DVR-111D, but I stick with what works for me.

I know some firmwares for the 360 drive don't even need this to be done. Not sure which one(s) though. It's just safer to do it.

I use ImgBurn to burn the discs. Not one coaster yet. CloneCD will also work, but I have heard that it does burn coasters once in a while.

Hope this info helps. Any more questions, just ask.

-Duga-

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007