1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If i buy a brand new psp....

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by alanworm, May 30, 2007.

1. alanworm

alanworm Member

If i buy a brand new psp now ..
    psp-0582
    which operating system it uses ?? and is it able to downgrade ?? and play iso's ?? please reply soon ..

2. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

No psp you buy now will be able to play anything until you downgrade, whether you will be able to downgrade or not depends on your firmware version. Typically, you will not know this until you have your psp in hand.

3. 1OFDEM

1OFDEM Regular member

Not true, Nicht. I remember there was a way of checking the barcode on the box and looking for a letter that corresponds to the firmware version (ie. 1.50 would show on the box as A, 1.51=B, so on) and if the letter was K or under, the PSP could be downgraded.

4. alanworm

alanworm Member

i'm a noobie .. so i can just play and dl games ... so wut why do i need to downgrade if i can play anything now ??? even the new psp has different firmeware ??

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You need to get your firmware down to 1.5 first before you can play any downloaded games. So chances are you will need to downgrade your new psp. However, if your psp comes with firmware 3.11 OR above, you are out of luck, as there isn't a downgrader yet.

6. dcity

dcity Member

Here is a picture about that bar code firmware identification that was mentioned.

[​IMG]

7. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

The following is a listing of what firmware each production run has in it. What you should be looking for is "K" or anything before that. Whit those ones you don not have to get the GTA:LC 2.0 game to downgrade, since 2.71 and earlier can just make due with files you get of the internet.

A = 1.50
    B = 1.51
    C = 1.52
    D = 1.52
    E = 1.52
    F = 2.00
    G = 2.01
    H = 2.50
    I = 2.60
    J = 2.70
    K = 2.71
    L = 2.81
    M= 3.01 =>

8. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

I didn't know they had those identification numbers for the newer firmwares. Now I do.
    Thanks
    ~Nicht