1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I buy a DVD from the UK will DVD Shrink open it and.......

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by WTFDammit, Sep 9, 2004.

1. WTFDammit

WTFDammit Member

Hi Folks,
    Anybody have any advice for me, I want to buy this DVD from amazon.uk that has not been released in the US (and who knows when/if it will be)..so I have two questions:
    1. If I buy this DVD from the UK will DVD shrink open it and convert it to region free like it does with Region 1 disks.......

2. Will it be in PAL ...or do DVD's use NTSC/PAL...(newbie here)...

The DVD is "Colours of Infinity"..and I am dying to have a copy on disk..I had a VHS copy..but too many years have gone by and the quality is so bad...

Thanks for your help

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Yes of course the Disc will rip with DVD Shrink in the normal way and region free if you select this. However it will not convert the disc to NTSC if it is in PAL as it is indeed likely to be if bought from any UK retailer.

3. WTFDammit

WTFDammit Member

4. RogerWing

RogerWing Member

I tried that IFOEdit trick and unfortunately, it didn't work for me. You can still watch the PAL movie on your PC and some standalone DVD players are able to convert the PAL to NTSC.

I've used DVD Decrypter on the Region zone 3 DVD's that DVD Shrink couldn't rip (the Korean movies ripped with no problem, but with a couple of the Hong Kong region 3 movies, I had to use DVD Decrypter first to rip, then DVD Shrink to have it fit on a DVD+R). I've also had to use the DVD Decrypter to rip the Japanese region 2 "Kill Bill".
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Hmmm... which Asian movie should I buy next?
    Dell 8300, P4 @2.80GHz,512MB,120GBHD, NEC DVD+RW 1100A.[/small]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004