1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I Have Nero, Do I Need CloneDVD?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Suntower, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Suntower

Suntower Member

Hi,

In my previous thread, I mentioned that I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD for backing up my DVDs. I was having trouble with bad disks.

I also have Nero Burning ROM 6.

It was pointed out that Nero can error check after a burn whereas CloneDVD apparently does not.

So... I was wondering. Once I use AnyDVD to 'decrypt'? the DVD, can I use Nero instead of CloneDVD to make a DVD-5 copy to a DVD+R disk? (I guess you call this 'transcoding' right?)

Or is there something I'm missing. I have used Nero to take home movies and burn them to a DVD, but I've never used it to create a 'real' DVD---with menus and all the other junk that is on a commercial DVD.

Thanks and sorry if this is a pretty stupid sounding question.

---JC

2. attar

attar Senior member

A typical movie would be on a dual layer disk and the contents would be too large to fit on a single layer dvd.
    CloneDVD is shrinking the contents (or the parts you select)to fit.
    To shrink the contents of the decrypted disk in Nero you would use Nero Recode (the commercial equivalent of the free DVD Shrink).

3. attar

attar Senior member

Odd, it posted twice.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes! You really only need one of them. Many of us keep several different backup applications for different reasons such as editing, but in the end Nero alone will serve your needs.