1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IF SOMONE WANTS A CHALLENGE HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by icemodder, Feb 4, 2007.

1. icemodder

icemodder Member

I'm Pretty sure my xbox has a virus. I used action replay to "run linux" and the linux file has F*&^ed up my xbox. Now my xbox dash wont work. This thing won't let me delete it either or let my xbox return back to normal. The worst part about it is the modded dash when i open it in splinter cell is all in french. I may sound like a newb to some of u guys but i don't really care cuz im pissed.

IF SOMONE WANTS A CHALLENGE HELP ME!!!!!!

2. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

a)there is no virus that will run on the xbox.
    b)get a real mod chip and stop being cheap. once you have installed the damn thing, use slayers to re-format the drive, it'll fix it for sure.
    99% of the xbox problems on the site are from cheap ass softmodders.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

although i may have been a little less harsh, the above is correct.
    The problem with a softmodded Xbox is when things go wrong they are really hard to fix. So now i think you have 2 options.
    1. use the hotswap method to take the hard drive from the Xbox and put it into your PC then use XboxHDM to rebuild it back to retail, then softmod it all over again and hope for better luck (not to mention this can be a dangerous process if done wrong)
    http://www.teammodders.com/forum/how-to-hotswap-and-recover-a-hd-without-an-eeprom-backup-t91.html
    http://www.teammodders.com/forum/using-xboxhdm-to-build-an-xbox-hard-drive-t87.html

2. get a modchip installed like the DuoX2 which is about $20 plus the install and then use Slayer 2.7 Final to format the hard drive and reinstall a ton of great programs.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  4. icemodder

icemodder Member

Thanx guyz....this is the first time ive ever tried anything like this and yeah i sound dumb to you....but I'm glad at least now i got some options....What I REALLY wanna do is just buy a Freckin 360 and be done with it so anywayz....

PEACE

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Trust me, everything you need to work with back up games on the 360 is no easier to learn.
    Dual Layer discs, special DVD-Rom drives to read original discs on the PC, flashing drives, special programs, patching security sectors, and so on.....

6. icemodder

icemodder Member

no... i don't mean mod a 360 i mean just buy one. I wouldn't risk screwing up a 360 by trying to mod it.

7. icemodder

icemodder Member

I am currently trying to hotswap my xbox. I'm following the directions carefully, but are there any suggestions u might have for a newb? lol

8. steimy

steimy Active member

sorry, have a modchip so i never had to hotswap.

And modding a 360 is half the reson for getting one, unless of course your rich enough for $60 games.

9. icemodder

icemodder Member

lol well thats true i guess....