1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If The site Has A Problem Please Post Here,

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by ireland, Mar 15, 2006.

1. stuntman_

stuntman_ Regular member

when I use opera I can not use the the reply to discussion thread box. Right now I am writing this with Google chrome (my 2nd fav browser) I also notice that sometimes in opera the site will just completely freeze and I can't move anything. None of these things were issues until v4 came out. It would be awesome if someone could fix this!

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I get lots of emails about forum updates that don't exist, maybe 2-3 a week. If the links are clicked on, I am taken to the front page of the thread in question.

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I just searched "how to delete pm" and "how to delete personal messages" and nothing came up. Now that AD has been redone, I no longer see the option to delete any pm's I receive.

Or am I just missing it?

4. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

This feature is currently missing from the private message view. It is on our todo list - just not at the very top of it yet. =)

Do the threads still exist when you try and look them up? If you run across the problem again, could you please forward one such email to me at my nick at afterdawn dot com. Thanks!

I've been using the site quite a bit using Opera, but haven't come across the problem myself. I'll do some more testing and try and see what the problem could be. I'm writing this in Opera (v10.51), so let's see how it works. =)

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Usually what happens is I receive an email of a forum reply, click the link and it takes me to the top of page 1 of the thread. If I check the latest post, nothing new has appeared since I last looked. However, on the last 1 or 2 occasions this happened, that is exactly what occurred initially, yet when I looked a few minutes later, a post had appeared. I am unsure if clicking the link would have taken me to that post as I removed the email. I have not seen the problem in the last week.

6. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I'm getting this add and it's blocking some of the replies posted.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  7. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I'm also noticing a problem similar to rtm27 but with the skyscraper banner ad. I'm using Chrome 5.0.366.2 Dev. Build.

[​IMG]

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I've been getting the same thing with the ad. I'm running XP/sp3/IE8. Sometimes just reloading the page fixed it, but most often not.

[​IMG]

Same thing with the ad at the top of the page, only it's offset to the right, not offset under like the ad in our pictures.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

site not loading at times since 12 midnite est. also includes blasteroid site too.

10. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

Sorry missed this thread, Post count not working as per My thread here

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

It's that old bug resurfacing again (did it ever go away :) ?). The first post on a new page of a thread bug (some of the other guys still experience this too). I post a reply to a thread and i get 3 posted. I try to delete one and all 3 vanish, i get taken to the start of the thread. This has happened 3 or 4 times now. I can edit any of the 3 and the edits don't appear in the other 2, however the last time i posted the post, 2 of the 3 had identical text and the 3rd didn't. I've given up and edited the first 2 posts out, as i say i can't delete them else all 3 will disappear again.
    Linky ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/683586/5243720

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I'm about 4 pages behind in some of the threads. I have to open an older post and it puts me back a few pages. If I use the last post all I get is the home page. I'm not getting any email notifications either.

Russ

13. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I had this same problem occur twice today about fifteen minutes apart. I forwarded the emails to you, Ketola.

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I had an odd bug in one of the threads where every post I wrote (and even when I edited a pose) spawned another identical post beneath. It seemed to only last a page. Anyone else seen that?

15. Whisperer

Whisperer Regular member

Hello, I've been away for some time and, compared to the old simple green format, the new Home Page format is such a confusing splash of motion, ads & mouseovers ... It's hard to find my way around.

I wanted to ask if there is a link to a list of Forums Members ... I just cannot find a link, like would exist on most forum sites. I want to see who among my old friends is still active on afterdawn.

I notice creaky is the moderator; creaky, do you know of Ireland's condition?

thanks
    Whisperer

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ireland has been gone a couple of years.

17. e45

e45 Regular member

Need to find out how to delete all them private messages from our in boxes that would be a help as well

18. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Been getting as script error for the past week or so. It's only on A.D. and every single time I visit. I use Flock for browsing. Win 7 64.

[​IMG]

19. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

I to get the same error on W7 x64, but with seamonkey as my browser.

20. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

This issue was discussd here. Please let me know if you still experience the problem. The SkimWords script has been disabled on the site for now.