1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you are a Microsoft experience preview tester i would think about disabling it

Discussion in 'Windows 10 forum' started by megadunderhead, Apr 6, 2016.

1. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

ok let me explain.

I have a alienware alpha computer upgraded to windows 10.

Man was that a mistake.

Not because of the computer.

But i decided to do some beta testing and Microsoft has the insider program for testing new features on windows 10.

Well i went to bed one night while my copy of the witcher 2 was downloading from GOG. After getting up i noticed windows was installing a huge update it went back to the windows installation loader to install it.

weird i thought.

Well now i know why Microsoft sent out a evaluation version of there huge 2016 update coming soon to everyone.

so why am i mad.

Microsoft took my full version of windows 10 professional and basically converted it to a trial version.

i will never run any betas on windows 10 again and i am reporting this to them as well.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

beta's are what they are "for testing purposes only" before running beta anything backup images need to be created,you most probably missed that part somewhere when signing up

smokyrain likes this.
  3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

yea but in windows you always had the option of installing a beta like service pack 3 and then installing the full version of the service pack 3 update without disturbing your machine this basically destroys your machine and makes it garbage and worse still what you don't understand is your backup won't work because it was created on a older version of windows 10 and is not transferable to a new version so it still is broken

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

With any Insider Programs, you have the option to return to the latest Release of Windows 10. Just opt out of the program and roll back to your previous build. Another option is use the Media Creation tool to download latest build and install that way.
    Also with any testing, you probably should have done a back up as well.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

@mega
    Not sure what you mean by being compatible as an image is an exact copy of what you had before the shit hit the fan,so it doesn't need to be compatible with anything & would've been ready for any stable updates.However all is not lost i've seen over the last whatever months of many suffering the revert to trial there should be a work around

however i'm running a win 10 that i ran a crack on so you've always got that option :p To ease your conscirnce ; conshince ; "mind" :D don't think of it as theft instead think of it as sticking it to the man. (a better rep of that pronouncing joke & where it comes from in link)
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_cmmWDuckg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    smokyrain likes this.