1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if you have vista, do you recommend it?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by mark5hs, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

I am currently using windows xp pro but I have the opportunity to get a legitamate copy of Vista ultimate for free. The main thing I use my computer for is games, so should I get vista?

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Get the copy now.

Put it on your shelf...and wait till the end of 2007 to install...that way MS has time to release SP1, and some other bug fixes.

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I'd say get it, and film yourself burning the disc, put it on youtube, and receive cheers and be famous all over the internet.

4. jziman

jziman Guest

I currently dual boot XP and Vista. I kinda like it. It has some cool features but it seems that some of my college programs will not run with it. Hence the reason I dual boot. All of my MS games that I have in XP work in Vista ex. Age of Empire 3 and Halo. But sadily not everything will work with it.

If you have the option to get a full free copy of Vista take it (i got mine free though MSDNAA) and sit on it for awhile if you are nor sure if you want to use it at the moment. Hope that helps you out.

5. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

LMAO @ The Fiend.. so true

as far as Vista goes.. I got my free copy too (w/ the purchase of ma' new acer laptop) but I'll be damned if I ever install it.. just got it to have that authorization code should I ever want some DRM and one hell of a headache.. lmao (Think it will make a lovely beer coaster though) What I will recommend if its the look your going for.. just go here and make your comp look like it has vista.. http://www.crystalxp.net/bricopack/ it's really easy to install..
    If that look isn't enough.. you could also eat up all your cpu w/ widgets or gadgets as they like to call it with yahoo's widget engine. That way you too could have a little calendar and clocks and such on your desktop. Just think.. all this w/o any DRM.. now isn't that wonderful? Just remember before you install Vista.. there's no turning back..