1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you really want back on live then do this.....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by owvp702, May 18, 2007.

1. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

You could always go to walmart and buy another 360 then swap the shells and take the broken one back to walmart and tell them that it's not working anymore. They'll give you your money back and chance of them checking the sticker are slim to none.

Just an idea.

2. dakillz

dakillz Guest

already planned for, and sticker wise just heat with a hairdryer for a minute or so and then peel it off gently with a craft knife (pcking at it with your fingers damages the edge). You could just peel the serial number off and swap that but being papery that's more likely to tear

3. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

I'm betting that a lot of people that modded their consoles never did this so the sticker probably screwed up. I never had to do it, for some reason mine came off without the protective pealing crap. Personally i'm not going to do this just because i'd rather play burnt games than go back on live for now. When Halo 3 is released though, if there's not a fix then you bet your ass that's what i'm doing.

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I'm just buying another 360 and keeping my current one so I can have the best of both worlds.

5. dakillz

dakillz Guest

if i had the money to just buy another one, i wouldnt be playing copied games (no offence meant to you memnock), I don't even play on xbox live but I use the updates etc and I'd like the option to, I wish it did just detect the copies cos I think it's fair enough to try and block it, but I have legit games that I've spent hard earned money on and I'd like to be able to go on with them.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

I'm not doing wither.
    Option 1 is just plain wrong.
    Option 2 cost too much to be worth it.

Xbox live is not worth $500 to me. Oh plus the cost of all the original discs of course from here on out, if you want to play on Live that is.

7. dakillz

dakillz Guest

also if you plan on using your existing hard-drive between the two, then any legit games you're going to have to start from level 1, cos in the spring update they made it so that save games only work on the box they were created on (that my undertaing of it, or it may have just been the ones on save games websites that have been blacklisted)

8. dakillz

dakillz Guest

i agree, but copying games is just as wrong as option 1, just less chance of being face to face and getting caught

9. owvp702

owvp702 Regular member

LMAO! how's it wrong? It's not like it's coming out of walmarts pocket, they're going to take the broken one and send it back to MS (I'm guessing). So basically MS is going to get shafted by getting the broken console back.

And if it does come out of walmarts pocket then who cares. They're the biggest retail chain in the world. i'm sure this wouldn't make them bankrupt.

10. dakillz

dakillz Guest

seeing as a lot of people seem to have been complaining that unmodified xbox 360's are banned too, you might be able to get away with putting the original firmware back on and blaming m$

11. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

So because Bill is the richest guy on earth, he should give us free games too? (which is partly true, because the games still work - but only XBL doesn't, be grateful that they don't ban your actual GamerID including all your achievements)

You wouldn't go rob a bank either because they happen to have lots of cash would you? ;(

12. JLF24

JLF24 Regular member

If I could get away w/ it I would rob a bank!!

13. eb72826

eb72826 Member

JLF24, no offense, but that's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard. you should really sit back and give that one a good think.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  14. SQiX

SQiX Member

About the saves, they only blacklisted certain console IDs so more then likely if you swapped around your HDs or saves it would work as long as they were legit and didn't come off a certain site.

15. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

hi, tell me when that works. lol

16. dakillz

dakillz Guest

when which bit works, we were talking about swapping the cases and to get the shiny microsoft seal off you can just heat it and peel it off

17. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

it works, but its still wrong to do, assuming you have morals. but its sticking MS not walmart but its not MS's fault. its everyones fault that gets banned. you brought it all on yourself.

18. dakillz

dakillz Guest

what about legal backups?

19. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

what about them? your allowed to back them up, you cant mod your system to use them though. xbox TOS state that you cant modify any part of the hardware or software on your console.

20. dakillz

dakillz Guest

those terms are only forceable on the grounds of the warranty, you have purchased the machine, it is yours. You can do anything you want to it hardware wise, its only the intellectual property that you cant touch