1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you want the 60GB, you should get it now before they're gone

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by johnblaze, Jul 13, 2007.

1. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26704

2. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

what dicks. they should keep the 60gb at the 499 tag. so now people are going to pay for 20 more gigs and a game but crappier BC abilities. and the only ps3 will be a $600 dollar one. sony's ps3 deciders are definitely crazy apes pressing buttons to randomly assimilate the ps3's market plans.

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I heard about this about an hour ago.. i wonder if this will increase the value of my 60GB model if a lot of the BC is messed up on the 80GB model. The 80 GB model for sure does not excite me, seems like a rip off. To pay much extra for 20 more GB. You'd be better off with a 60 GB + a external USB HDD.

4. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

How would BC be worse? all they have to do is update it and it will be just as good as the EE, or even better right?

And there'll still be 60GB consoles around til' at least October when the Christmas shopping begins.

5. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

It's way overpriced. They make you pay like an extra $100 for a game and 20GB you will never use. I have Linux and all the trailers, demo's, music, video's you can think of on mine and I still have like 30GB left on my 60GB.

6. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

You'll use it when someone finally cracks the firmware... if ever...

7. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

it would be wise for them to keep the 60gb unit like anubis said if sony wants to put the ps3 in everyones home then this is not the way to go about it as soon as i informed a few poeple of the price cut the went to the bank and made withwraws for the new $500 unit im happy i got my 60 when i did

8. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Well since there moving to emulation, there will probably be A LOT of new updates to make more and more game BC. The BC in the 60 GB model is great since the PS2 chip is already in there. To me, its quite annoying to have to wait for an update to play one of my favorite PS2 or PS1 game. But in a few months it won't be a problem.

9. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

accually, did you not here that they said bc is something that is on the backbruner, and little if any updating will be done. nothing beats the original, with near flawless playback of everything. the emulation only supports 80% or so, and 25% have some problem or another.

10. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

this is really funny, but what can you expect when it's already loosig like $400 on every console they sell at the $600 mark. Now what i want to know is was there even an sales surge after the $100 markoff.

I have to say, Nintendo is playing it well this round after getting owned with the GameCube. I still haven't seen a Wii yet anywhere in stores.

11. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

cheap sells, especially to those not big into gaming. nintendo is not stealing the market, but dipping into another that need to be demonopolized by a new console to run along side its key demographic.

and sony was losing 250 at launch, but with the cut of the ee and gs, and other money savings, im sure its closer to the 200 or 150 mark.