1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were to copy a DNAS game...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by couchpot, Apr 8, 2005.

1. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

Without patching the ID, would the dsic ID show up as 0.0.0.0? Im just wondering because a dled game seems to have an ID of all 0s. Would it be because an ID was not patched to the file (and the id disapears when you copy it?) or because the person wanted to keep the DNAS on their original copy and patched 0 on the game? Or because my disc ID program is not working? I have a slim pstwo and I had to manually stop the disc and swap it while it was spinning. I wanted to see if the prog work, so i tested it with a dled game, I was wondering why it was all 0s?

2. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

the problem is that the disc id utils dont work on slimline ps2's as of yet and doing what you did could damage the pstwo and also could have burned out the laser. When you copy from an original the game loses its id and backups just generate random useless ids, although if you obtain a valid id from say an original and patch the image you can use it online.

3. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

oh ok, i better not do that again then, will there be an update for that program soon? So it will work on the slim pstwos?

4. jorgessj

jorgessj Member

Hold on I just used disc ID with my new PStwo and it worked fine
    did I do something diffrent

5. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

do u use a magic key or did u tape the switch down? i heard u can do it with a key

6. jorgessj

jorgessj Member

I have a flip top with SMD 3.3