1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if your having problems with dvd xcopy express or dvd wizard pro

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by asystole, Nov 3, 2004.

1. asystole

asystole Member

Hey guys whom be newbies to this site, like myself. Drop your old programs that youve paid money for, like myself included I waisted $85 on dvd wizrad pro and dvd xcopy express gold. I went and dowloaded dvd shrink (which is FREE) and used my nero 6.3 ,like the more expierenced burners have posted on these forums advise and thus far not a single coaster!!!!!!It does take a little more time than xpress but not as long as wizard pro BUT like i said thus far NO COASTERS, and have tried tdk, memorex and verbaitum media with same results on each type NO COASTERS!!!!

Thanks to the expeirenced dvd burners whom leave such helpful info on these forums!!! Much apriciated from us "newbies". THANKS ALOT

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It'a always good to see someone who has "seen the light" :)

3. asystole

asystole Member

Nephilim

Sorry for forbidden site i posted on another thread. wont happen again..........asystole

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Oh, no worries. Just keeping things ship shape :)

5. Amazaun

Amazaun Guest

Same story here. This is one case where "you get what you pay for" doesn't fly. DVD Shrink and Nero together are the easiest and most reliable I've used. I wasted so much time and money on the other stuff!

DVD X Copy Gold makes a nice coaster though, good colors.

6. soulman34

soulman34 Member

I bought dvd xcopy express before the ban and haven't had any major problems burning until recently. Sometimes and more often now than ever I get write error messages. So I downloaded dvd shrink and installed nero burning rom 6 that came with my burner. I now have an awesome burning setup. I burn mainly with dvd xcopy express and for the ones that I get the error message with I burn with dvd shrink. what some may not know though is that with dvd shrink and nero both installed you can burn with dvd shrink solely. it borrows the nero aspi to burn directly to disk. As a result you only have to open dvd shrink and setup your options to burn using nero. I use the cheapest disks I can find (ridata +rw/-rw) and they work great for my sony dvd burner. I chose a sony dvd burner because I was impressed with the cd burner that I bought from them. I get my dvd's from bargain media websites for pennies on the dollar. I've gone to newegg.com and bought a pack of 50 for 42.99 with a $10 rebate. there are others out there just do a search for dvd-rw or dvd+rw media. dvd xcopy is definitely tops and once I figure out the error write that I get I should be rockin and rollin. I guess i should point out that I found you should check your advanced settings in your primary and secondary ide channels located under your device manager to be sure they are checked as 'DMA' and not 'PIO'. That makes for more efficient reads.