1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFO, BUP and VOB?!?!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mark269, Nov 24, 2004.

1. mark269

mark269 Member

Can anyone please help a newbie!?

I am trying to collect clips from various different DVDs and burn them onto a DVD-r using Nero.

I have managed to get these clips from about three or four different DVDs onto my hard drive using DVD Shrink. I have not taken whole chapters, I have just used the start/end frame button to edit what i wanna keep. I have ripped the DVD's succesfully, and the clips play on my PC beautifully.

Each individual clip has gone into its own folder, which contains Audio_TS and Video_TS folders. In the video_TS folder i have five files:
    Video_TS (BUP - 6kb), Video_TS (IFO - 6kb), VTS_01_0 (BUP 14kb), VTS_01_0 (IFO 14kb) and finally VTS_01_0 (VOB 250Mb whopper!). The Audio_TS has nothin in. Of course you probably all know about all that stuff!

As i saw the VOB file was the biggie, i naively dragged all these VOB files into Nero, and hit burn. Nero did not like it one bit. I then realised that I need to take accross some of the IFO and BUP files into Nero with the VOB files. So I dragged all the contents of these folders (IFO, BUP, and VOB's) into Nero. As I am trying to collect and burn about nine different clips, it then complained that there were multiple files with the same name, i.e. the Video_TS.BUP and IFO files.

I have realised that I cant just burn the VOB files on their own, they need their IFO's and BUP's, but which ones do I burn? Basically, how do i lump all these clips together and burn them onto a DVD-r? Do I need some other software? I'm currently using DVD Shrink and Nero.

Not expecting a full detailed description, just someone pointing me in the direction of some useful tutorial will be fine.
    Grateful for responses. ta!

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Useful tutorials? Hmmmm.... Know I got some around here somewhere... Well the only one I can find is pink size medium. Oh tutorial. How about you look here....

http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

3. mark269

mark269 Member

Thanks for the advice. Should have no problem tonight putting it all together.