1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ifo edit and xp

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by natcolley, Mar 9, 2004.

1. natcolley

natcolley Guest

I see on the site where you recommend using win2k, but all I have is xp, so what should/can I do now? Thanx
    - a very new and non tech newbie

2. EliteHB

EliteHB Guest

I don't think you'll have much trouble with XP nor win98. The reason win2k's recommended is because it's regarded as being more stable.

3. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

Agreed about Win2K and XP, disagree about Win98.

Some of the work that is done that is beyond simple ripping/burning only works properly with NTFS filesystems, due to the file-size limits of Win98 etc...

XP is fine, if you are happy with it.

Byeee...

4. thedagger

thedagger Member

I have xp and ifoedit works fine for me

5. natcolley

natcolley Guest

Well, this is probably good news, but sadly, it doesn't help me. I thought maybe my problem was related to using xp, but now maybe not. I downloaded the free trial version of Super DVD Creator and IFO Edit. When I had a problem I wrote to the company behind Super DVD Creator but of course heard nothing back. Here is what I said:

I have been trying to follow the directions for this thing but I have run into a roadblock on the infoedit. It finds the video file automatically, but not the audio file. When I tell it what file to use (it has 'aud' in the name but apparently not an 'm2a' extension) and then try to run it to VIDEO_TS it tells me it can't open the file to write to it. I wanted to make sure I could make this thing work before I paid for it. Please help. Thanx.

So, any help out there? Thanx.