1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFO file structure

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by wolfman32, Jun 16, 2004.

1. wolfman32

wolfman32 Member

Hi. I've just started burning DVD's and I'm having fairly good success. Splitting dual layers is still the hardest for me, thanks to mscogna for that excellent walk-through. Also thanks to drchips for that unbelievable handling of synth's problem creating his own IFOs.
    But what I'd really like is to understand the nuts and bolts of the IFO files. I can't find a detailed overview of what does what in an IFO file. Can anybody point me to some detailed, readable overview of the IFO file protocol?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi wolfman32,

Heres a bit of light reading for you... I'm not sure exactly what you are after, but this has a lot of good info about the basic nav structure of DVDs and how all that works as well as some pretty good links.

http://www.dvd-replica.com/DVD/index.php

Cheers,
    Frank

3. dimad

dimad Regular member

Do you want to know how bits/bytes are arranged in ifo files? Then MPUCoder's site ( http://www.mpucoder.com ) is for you. If you just want to learn what info is in ifo's then DvdReMake Pro can be quite useful.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi dimad!

I lurk around there and get in over my head pretty quickly. I am just fascinated by how all this DVD stuff works and spend a lot of time trying to find out as much as I can. I really just got into this to burn a few DVDs. Now I find myself trying to figure out precommands, hex editing and all sorts of other fun stuff.
    Its nice of you to pop in!

Cheers,
    Frank

5. wolfman32

wolfman32 Member

Thanks for the links guys. FasFrank's info will keep me busy for a while.

6. dimad

dimad Regular member

Sounds very familiar :) That is how I've got caught couple of years ago.