1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFO structure and contents description

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by relfstkid, Apr 12, 2007.

1. relfstkid

relfstkid Member

Ok, I honestly cannot find any information about the contents of .ifo files. I have found the description of an ifo file a million times over. Yea yea, its a navigation file, provides information for the player to know what to play first, next, last, what buttons do, etc. When I open a VIDEO_TS.ifo file in ifoedit, I see a whole bunch of stuff. I have read a few "tutorials" on how to use ifoedit, but they leave you with little more than an exact fix to a single problem. Is there somewhere I can get more information on the ifo file? I am looking for something that describes what each piece of the ifo file does. Does anyone know where this information might be available? Do I have to go to Barnes and Noble and buy a damn book on it?

Not trying to seem mean, I'm just frustrated that what I thought were my decent googling skills seem to have failed me.

xtian

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

What is it that you're trying to do.
    You might want to take a look at PgcEdit.

3. relfstkid

relfstkid Member

dialysis,

I am just trying to learn how the ifo file is constructed. More out of curiosity than functional knowledge. I like to know how things work, rather than be able to blindly manipulate them. I will take a look at the link you sent, it looks promising.

Thanks,

xtian

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

PgcEdit is a very powerful yet small ifo editing program.