1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IfoEdit and Subtitles

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Synth, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Isher

Isher Member

No, I'm not hitting Get VTS Sectors - would that be the issue? I'll try it - thanks!

Drchips - what do you think?

thankyou thankyou

2. Isher

Isher Member

Okay, Now I am getting the subtitles to show up, however they are splotchy green ones just like Synth was getting before! I tried to fix it with the previous instructions but what I get for the first color line in VTS_PGC_1 is
    [000000a5] Color 0 Y Cr CB 0 0 0 [00 00 00 ] . Which is what was supposed to be overwritten I believe . Can you someone help me? Maybe drchips? Thanks!

3. Isher

Isher Member

I forgot to mention that I already set the subtitles as grey which a Transparent black background in Srt2Sup.

4. web_james

web_james Member

Thank's drchip for the pro tips.
    They worked for me, except that I can only see the subtitles on Intervideo WinDVD. After the process of getting the .IFO file (as described by you), and changed colors, I opened the movie in DVD Shrink to make the movie fit on a black DVD media. There (in DVD Shrink) I played a few seconds of the movie in the preview and don't see the subtitles. Even then, I opened NERO and put the .VOB's and .IFO files in the apropriate folder and burned the disc.
    As I sayd, in WinDVD I can choose the subtitles, but in my Standalone SONY DVD player it won't show up the subtitle (besides, there's no menu for me to choose subtitles).

I'm I doing something wrong?
    I have to create a menu or use other software?
    Please, someone answer me, I've spent hours with tests.

Thank's,

web_james

5. web_james

web_james Member

Come on, please help!

I'm driving crazy, and my wife is getting mad because I've spent 2 days at the computer trying to figure this out...

6. web_james

web_james Member

Sorry for the trouble.
    I've get the subtitles to work.

Thank's

7. arhat23

arhat23 Member

web_james -
    i hope you get this. i'm having exactly the same problem you are. PowerDVD shows my subtitles, even after I burn to disc, but trying to play them in my Sony DVD player I get no subtitles, even when I select the right subtitle using my remote.

What did you do to make this work?