1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFOEdit Create IFOs only creates VTS_01_0.* files

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Sooty70, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Sooty70

Sooty70 Member

Hi Folks

I have a VIDEO_TS folder with a bunch of VOB files but no IFOs or BUPs so I am using IFOEdit to create them for me. The problem is, no matter which VOB file I select IFOEdit always creates the same .IFO and .BUF files.

Example:
    VTS_03_0.VOB <-- this is the file I select in IFOEdit
    VTS_03_1.VOB
    VTS_03_2.VOB
    VTS_03_3.VOB
    VTS_03_4.VOB

VTS_01_0.IFO <-+
    VTS_01_0.BUP <-+-- these are the files created by IFOEdit.

Should IFOEdit not be creating these files:
    VTS_03_0.IFO
    VTS_03_0.BUP

My understanding of DVD authoring is neglible at best. I'm using the latest stable version of IFOEdit which is 0.96.

What I am doing as a workaround, yet to be proved as a working workaround, is create each IFO and then rename it afterwards. Time will tell if that is a good enough plan.

Cheers, Max

2. oracle

oracle Member

When you're isolating a sequence from the rest of the project ifo edit treats the vob files as new project and creates a new series of vob files starting from series 1. Believe me this is the correct way! For example if the main movie sequence is eg. the vts_04_1, ... and you extract thiw series to a new folder you're going to have a new series starting from 1 such as vys_01_1, ... with the appropriate vudeo_vts. ifo and bup.
    Every compilation must start from the 01 sequence!
    --------------------------------------------------