1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ifoEdit error: INTERNAL ERROR: additional data required but no space in input buffer

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by memnockx, Aug 12, 2004.

1. memnockx

memnockx Member

What the heck does this mean. I'm trying to convert a .m2v video, ac3 audio, and .sub subtitle into vob dvd format using ifoEdit and I get this error message. I've tried the same procedure on two PCs, both with well over 10 gigs of free space available on the drive.

What does this mean? Anyone?

2. rmurrar

rmurrar Member

You probably used TmpegEnc to produce the video stream and forgot to set the options on the 'GOP structure'-tab:
    - 'Output interval of sequence header'
    - 'MAX number of frames in a GOP'

You must set the output interval to '1' instead of '0',and for the MAX number of frames specify 15 for PAL and 12 for NTSC.

3. bleahbla

bleahbla Member

I've read several threads at different forums about this error message that I get too, but nobody had a good explanation to the cause. Nobody had any good ideas about the solution neither. I checked everything ind after many tests I realised that the subtitle timing was wrong. So IfoEdit tries to add subtitles to a portion of the film that doesn't exist: "additional data required". No space in input buffer comes from C++ and is just data from the subtitles compared with data from the film. I fixed the length of the subtitles and I could then make the dvd without a sweat.