1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFOEDIT problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aloha8, Mar 20, 2003.

1. aloha8

aloha8 Member

when i try to make a ifo file with vobs, ifoedit will automatically exit, and the same will happen when i try to mux m2v and ac3 files, the only function that works is the demux function, i am using win2000
    and ifoedit 0.95 can anybody help me

2. aloha8

aloha8 Member

Anybody ?

it seems like non of the function works , it just automatically exit when i try to do something, like making ifo and authorizing

ifoedit 0.95

3. mnmeater

mnmeater Member

tell us exactly what you are doing and what the error is or when you program quits on you.

4. aloha8

aloha8 Member

ok, first of all, i am trying to rip band of brothers. i manage to make a a good copy using the vob extra method, but the problem is when the movie starts, it freezes sometime during the title intro, i have to press menu on the remote twice to get into the movie, the menu and summary are simply not there, and another problem is with the episode 6, when i ripped the vobs, it end up with vobs number from 3 to 7, i try to rename them to number 1 to 5, when i burn it and play on my stand alone, it just repeats the movie intro again and again, i am sure i am missing a major step, if anybody encounter this problem, please let me know how to correct it, or if anybody have a better way of doing this, here is the way i how i did it.
    thanks in advance

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=2882bc9f48704ca6d4e9a74541e27782&threadid=41902

5. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

wassup..
    ok. i've the done band of brother series successfully. however, i do the movie only; so no extra features are included. here's quick run through.

1. rip the movie files to your harddrive with dvddecrypter (i also rip the VIDEO_TS.ifo file too, just click Edit > Select Movie and then hold CTRL and click the VIDEO_TS.ifo file).

2. open up ifoeditor and open the VTS_01_0.ifo file. Click the VOB options button and change it so you have checks next to these items:
    -Strip Stream's
    -Strip VODIDs
    -Correct VOB-Unit
    -Correct Original IFO files
    -Create new IFO files (movie only)

and put checks next to these items under VOB Expert options:
    -Remove P-UOps
    -Remove Macrovision
    -Adjust Vob-Unit
    -Adjust Audio/Subp Point (change VOB Size to: 1GB)

then change the destination directory to where you want to save the files and click OK.
    then put checks next to which audio streams you want and hit the Strip IT
    Then check all the vob ids, then strip it. It will take about 20 mins or so. it will say finished correcting VOB pointers when done (or something similar)

3. once it finished, i then use dvd2one (i'm getting older and lazier, hehe) to rip the size of the movie down. so have dvd2one open up the folder where we saved teh files from step2 and then save them to a new folder.

4. after about 30 mins, it should be done. then just burn the new movie files that dvd2one made to disc.

each disc is the same exact layout as the others except disc 6, but its almost identical to the other 5.

thats the easy way..
    peace
    seamonkey420

Last edited: Mar 23, 2003
  6. aloha8

aloha8 Member

seamonkey
    your methohd worked perfectly, this is the best instruction i've seen, what i was doing wrong was not creating a new ifo, after that was checked, everything workered.
    one question about the episode 6 (i don't know what you meant by disc6), is that when i rip the vobs, it end up with vobs number 3 to 7, do i just rename them to 1 to 4 and then use ifoedit ??

thanks again for your help, you have no idea how much money you've saved me.