1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFOEdit problems with Remux'ing

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by wreck_6, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. wreck_6

    wreck_6 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2004
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    I've joined two XviD files, extracted the AC3 audio stream, encoded with TMPGEnc and used IFOEdit to author the DVD. After approx 50% I get the following error message: Internal Error: additional Data required but no free space in input buffer!
    I've done everything by the book (the guide) but I always get the same error message. If I press OK the result is a perfectly good first half of the DVD but the second half has no audio! Does anyone have an idea how to rersolve the problem??
     
  2. drchips

    drchips Active member

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2003
    Messages:
    1,157
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    Hiya,

    It may be coincidental, BUT...

    You are joining two XviD files together...
    IFOEdit throws a wobbly @ 50%...

    Maybe there is some corruption/data missing/different structure in the second file????

    With DivX/XviD encoded files I have found it is always better to deal with each file as a unique entity.
    Encode it to a DVD Structure at the highest quality.

    Then combine the two DVD structures....

    You could try that...

    Hope this helps...
     
  3. wreck_6

    wreck_6 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2004
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    drChips,

    Thats a capital plan!

    I was going to do that next. But B4 doing so I'll run BeSplice over the AC3 file to see if it might need fixing. I just want to avoid hours of re-encoding in case I'm to stupid to use IFOEdit properly...

    I'll post my findings in any case.
     
  4. wreck_6

    wreck_6 Member

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2004
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    OK, as promised here are my results:
    I ran my ac3 file through BeSplice and it actually turned out to have two errors just about in the middle of the file. I guess by joining the two videos with DVTool somehow a Null string was put at the end of the first and anotherone at the beginning of the second section. Anyway IFOEdit worked fine after that and produced a perfectly good movie.

    BTW I have not encountered any problems using IFOEdit with WinXP as some have claimed in the past.

    Whew!!!
     

Share This Page