1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFOEdit problems with Remux'ing

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by wreck_6, Apr 6, 2004.

1. wreck_6

wreck_6 Member

I've joined two XviD files, extracted the AC3 audio stream, encoded with TMPGEnc and used IFOEdit to author the DVD. After approx 50% I get the following error message: Internal Error: additional Data required but no free space in input buffer!
    I've done everything by the book (the guide) but I always get the same error message. If I press OK the result is a perfectly good first half of the DVD but the second half has no audio! Does anyone have an idea how to rersolve the problem??

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

It may be coincidental, BUT...

You are joining two XviD files together...
    IFOEdit throws a wobbly @ 50%...

Maybe there is some corruption/data missing/different structure in the second file????

With DivX/XviD encoded files I have found it is always better to deal with each file as a unique entity.
    Encode it to a DVD Structure at the highest quality.

Then combine the two DVD structures....

You could try that...

Hope this helps...

3. wreck_6

wreck_6 Member

drChips,

Thats a capital plan!

I was going to do that next. But B4 doing so I'll run BeSplice over the AC3 file to see if it might need fixing. I just want to avoid hours of re-encoding in case I'm to stupid to use IFOEdit properly...

I'll post my findings in any case.

4. wreck_6

wreck_6 Member

OK, as promised here are my results:
    I ran my ac3 file through BeSplice and it actually turned out to have two errors just about in the middle of the file. I guess by joining the two videos with DVTool somehow a Null string was put at the end of the first and anotherone at the beginning of the second section. Anyway IFOEdit worked fine after that and produced a perfectly good movie.

BTW I have not encountered any problems using IFOEdit with WinXP as some have claimed in the past.

Whew!!!