1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ifoedit splitting, errors.....need help!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by eddiejr, Feb 21, 2005.

1. eddiejr

eddiejr Guest

I have tried multiple files from my hard drive now and ifoedit keeps crashing everytime I try to split a disc or strip streams. I just recently updgraded to Win XP SP2 from WIn XP SP1 (ifoedit never crashed before). Is there problems with SP2? Does anyone have it running fine with SP2?

need help,
    thanks.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

just a thought right click on the main excutable and properties i think then set to use as win2000 etc...for compatibility...

what version ifoedit you got? .96? as this one is stable but there is a .97

i have sp2 and i am only a basic user of the app and i use .96

also what are you trying to do? i know you mentioned it above but i'm lost? do you want to just remove parts like extras?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  3. eddiejr

eddiejr Guest

thanks for the reply rotary. THat is an interesting tip about the properties...never new that before. The only problem is that there is no option for win xp. I will try 2000 and see what happens :)

Yes, I am using 0.96. I am trying to split the movie VTS file into two pieces. At the same time, strip unwanted subtitles and audio. Until XP SP2 I have never had a problem.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yes i think win2000 is a ntfs so sort of like xp.

you probably already know this but you can take out subs and audio with dvd shrink, and extras, or just get main movie

but not sure what you mean strip the vts to 2 parts at the same time?

but good luck...

also ifoedit is known for bugs, do you run it from c:\ drive or desktop?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  5. eddiejr

eddiejr Guest

i run it from a different drive (F:).

What I mean bysplit is to split the movie into two so that it will fit on 2 disks (so no compression is necessary. Unfortunately dvdshrink won't do this. Some other programs will but none seem to be as flexible as ifoedit. WIth ifoedit you can choose the split point whereas with most others they choose for you.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yup YES!!! dvd shrink will do this!

first open the dvd in shrink and makke a still image on extras folder! (drop down box) you keep everything menus and links wise!

then burn it

now load again but make still image of the main movie! and burn that!

easy....

look here for guides on compresion (IN SAME DROP DOWN MENU IS STILL IMAGE!) it will make something say 1 gig to 1 meg.

http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_intermediate.php

just thought are you useing main movie only? and not the full dvd with menus? (and you want to spilt the main movie only?)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  7. eddiejr

eddiejr Guest

hmmm, interesting method in dvdshrink! Although my goal as you mentioned in your last sentence is to split the movie only, and then keep special features. So movie only on disc 1 and rest of movie and special features on disc 2. If I understand correctly, your method in dvdshrink does not achieve this, correct??

8. triggahap

triggahap Guest

I have a similar problem with ifoedit crashin i have tried version 96 and 96.

I used winXP and made sure it was set to 2000.

But wen i try to do DVD authoring i add the file and the sound files then it crashes.

( i created these files using the walk through found on this website for avi/xivd to DVD)

Any ideas neeed answer fast since i wont ave internet from 12th of march :(

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

try rubbinf from c drive the ifoedit app and keep same destination folder...

10. dimad

dimad Regular member

You can split your disk -absolutely- any way you like with DvdReMake.