1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IfoEdit/VOBrator Question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rfh123, Jun 24, 2004.

1. rfh123

rfh123 Guest

Hi, I am new to burning DVD backups. I use IfoEdit, VOBrator, & Nero Recode. If Nero analyses it and it shows to be too big to fit on a disk even with encoding/recoding, I will use Xcopy Platinum. I have 2 questions, please read both and don't instantly label me "pinhead" 1 sentence into the first question.

1.) I found out easily how to remove FBI, 321 backup, various logos, (if one were so inclined). What "I" want gone are the PREVIEWS of new movies. I can't seem to figure it out on my own and I though I have seen the question asked, I haven't seen an answer yet. I did "delete playback" when I found them once in Video_TS. Should I look in other places? I'd prefer to jump to the main menu, where you select "play/scenes/bonus" etc. AnyDVD offers "Jump to Main Movie" but I don't want the movie to start immediately. "I" want to press play. It gives me time to get situated. I know I can press "pause", but that's not the point. I want it to work how I want it to work

2.) A new problem I have is, my HD crashed, so I reformatted and did a clean install, which probably was a good thing as it had been over a year since I'd done this. IfoEdit & VOBrator worked perfectly always before the reinstall, but NOW when I use them I get

IfoEdit:(*only* when trying to "preview DVD")
    * 1 out of 3 DVD-video streams failed to render properly - subpicture stream
    * No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection
    * Decoded closed caption not rendered properly

VOBrator: (When previewing VOB's)
    I "sometimes" get "failed to render graph". Most of the VOB Id's play fine, but maybe 1 or 2 give me the "Failed to render graph". I would be less confused if they all failed.

I am guessing I need Mpeg codecs, but I don't know which ones. I read that putting a ton of them on/in your system can actually cause problems rather than solve them, so I'm trying to proceed w/caution and ask advice from those who know much more than I

Thanks for any help you can give, Ron

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

That's normal with VOBRator. Those are just blank cells. The IfoEdit errors are also normal and you can ignore them as well.

If you want an easier way to remove things like trailers and many FBI warnings, try using VobBlanker:
    http://www.iespana.es/jsoto/tools/VobBlanker_exe.zip

It's got a very straight forward interface. Just use the buttons at the top to select the VIDEO_TS.IFO file for the movie and the destination directory, and then select a titleset from the list below them. That will bring up a list of titles in that titleset which you can preview using a button on the right and then either keep, blank, or strip audio from it. When you're done, click the Process button and it will give you your new DVD files.

This won't remove all FBI warnings, studio screens, etc,... because sometimes they're menus instead of titles and VobBlanker doesn't do anything with menus.

3. jahern

jahern Member

Will vobblanker allow me to remove certain words (I would imagine one at a time) from a VOB file?

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

VobBlanker blanks entire titles, so no you can't remove parts of a title selectively.

5. oemtech

oemtech Member

As I am also new to this I had the same problems using VobRator, Ifoedit, VobBlanker... failed to render graph.

At first I thought it was the vidoe codecs... Nope have MS MP codecs install OK so it not the best but good enough for testing.

Then I thought it might be DirectX. Read that some folks went back to version 8. My new LG 4120 requires v 9 or greater (according to the doc). I have v 9c on my W2K system and v 9b on Win 98SE, Win Me and Win XP Home. Yes, I have all four systems running via removeable "C" drive. I even have Mandrake Linux running also.

With W2K nothing worked, XP worked partially as did Win ME. But, all worked on Win 98 SE as I supected it would. I have an old copy of Power DVD 2.55 installed on that system. I installed it on the W2K system and everthing works. The only message I get now is for Ifoedit in preview mode * No vaild DVD-Video volume could be located. But, the selected portiion still plays.

The real answer, I guess, is you need a software DVD player installed. I suspect the the various programs use the players interface to play the selected portions of the DVD.