1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFOEDIT will not play my files

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by usingand, Jul 3, 2002.

1. usingand

usingand Guest

i've was able to rip the DVD files to my HD but when i load "video_ts.ifo" and try to play the movie i get "DVD Warning could not open a file on a DVD disk" when i press OK i get "a file on the DVD disk could not be opened. Playback may not continue"
    but when i used POWERDVD it does play the movie
    could any help me. ive would really appreciated. thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2002
  2. dvdlover1

dvdlover1 Guest

To play a DVD ripped to your HD you must have the video_ts and vob files placed in a folder called "VIDEO_TS", otherwise you won't be able to play the movie with ifoedit.
    if this still doesn't work, then explain how you ripped the dvd.
    greetz,

3. joshua

joshua Member

this is not necessarily the case
    I never create the VIDEO_TS file until I have the finished disc ready to burn
    I would rather think you have not ripped the DVD correctly
    Go over the ripping method you used and check you didn`t leave anything out or maybe download the latest version of IFOEdit

4. dvdlover1

dvdlover1 Guest

joshua is right, you don't need the video_ts files to be able to watch the movie with ifoedit, but you must put the vob files in a folder called "VIDEO_TS" or ifoedit won't play it.

5. Camembert

Camembert Member

I believe it also has something with the mpeg2 decoder that's installed on your pc. There seems to be some trouble with power dvd. I tried to play a dvd with ifoedit once WinDVD 4 was installed and it did it just fine. Even better, I didn't even need to have my files in a VIDEO_TS folder.

6. joshua

joshua Member

I have come across this problem a few times since
    Once I did not "Get VTS sectors"
    and the second time was after I split the movie to just the movie, no menu, and did not rename the files with the VTS_01_1.vob, but left them at VTS_06_1.vob so the player had no files to look for ?
    Did you "Get VTS Sectors", usingand ?

7. usingand

usingand Guest

hello everyone
    thanks for all the feed back!
    anyone having trouble copying a .vob files to a DVD-R please look at these great info from fluke281.
    His tutorial showed me the way!!! if you have any comments or feed back email me at using_and_abusing@hotmail.com

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/dvd2dvdr_more.html