1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFOs not found by Shrink DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by brainman, Feb 14, 2004.

1. brainman

brainman Member

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but I'm hoping for some friendly advice regarding making backups of my DVDs. I have several movies already ripped from DVDs by DVD Decrypter on my hard drive, including the IFO files. However, when I attempt to open the IFOs from those specific folders with Shrink DVD, the program opens an error window stating that "VIDEO_TS.IFO files cannot be found" and the program has encountered an error. I've tried renaming the IFO files, moving the IFO files, but still cannot get Shrink DVD to recognize my DVD files saved to my hard drive. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Shrink won't open individual files, If you used Decrypter in file mode you should have a folder with the name of the movie on it. Just use the browser to select the VIDEO_TS folder from the movie folder and Shrink should open it with no problems.
    Once you have opened and analyzed, you can compress the whole thing and then use reauthor to pick out the parts you want to keep.
    It may be a bit easier to use Shrink to put movies on your hard drive. They will be compressed as well as decrypted so you can save some room.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Also, if you want to open a dvd ripped with dvd decrypter with dvd shrink, you must rip every single file on the dvd.

4. brainman

brainman Member

Thanks to those who replied. I guess I did not rip all of the files from the DVD when I did the Decrypter stage of ripping. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the original DVDs anymore. Anybody know how I can burn these movies onto DVD-R even though I seem to have extracted only the VOB and IFO files from the movies. I am able to convert these files into MPEG-1s to put on VCD, but I'd rather retain the resolution and sharpness of the original DVD. By the way, can these burned DVDs be played on standalone DVD players connected to your average TV? Or are these DVD-Rs simply copies that only can be played on computer DVD players? Thanks again.

Sincerely,
    Tom (Brainman)

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

DVD Shrink doesnt like the movie to be ripped by decrypter in movie only mode. It likes all the files. However, that aint a problem. You can re-do all the IFO/BUP's using IFO Edit. Then it will burn to disc fine.