1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IfoUpdate - improper video_ts

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kfsit, Mar 19, 2003.

1. kfsit

kfsit Member

Hope someone can help me. I've gone thru many, many guides on how to use ifoupdate to fix up my ripped and encoded dvd so that it maintains the original menu options

I've got everything encoded and re-authored but when it come to correcting the vts it always fails. I keep getting a
    "Improper VIDEO_TS file. ABORTING." error when trying to update and correct the vts.

I set the original path to the directory where dvd decrypter put my files and the authored to where i put all my authored files. I do notice that ifoupdate, updates the files in my original ifo directory and not in my authored directory. Is that normal?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. thingimij

thingimij Guest

it is normal to update the original.

once you have authored you put the vobs only back in with the original menu so it updates the original ifo to match the new vobs.

thingimijig.

3. kfsit

kfsit Member

Thank you for the reply. I understand that but why is it giving me the error? I point the original IFO to the VTS_01 directory created by DVD Decrypter and it does not contain a VIDEO_TS for ifoupdate to overwrite.

I'm just wondering why its doing that? Can I put the original VIDEO_TS.ifo from the DVD into the same directory as the VTS_01.IFO and let it update that and then just copy over the updated VIDEO_TS to be re-authored?