1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ikaruga_NGC_FULL_NTSC_USA Backup Problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Shun_di, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Shun_di

Shun_di Member

I've just downloaded this game for backup but i need a few questions answered. Firstly i have tried to back this game up using the downloaded GCM file. I renamed it to .ISO and burnt it using nero 6 on to some crappy media hopeing i wouldn't need to go and buy any more DVD+Rs. I got a disc read error from my qoob sx chip. So i tried it on a JVC "high performance" DVD+RW as i had a spare lying around, this didn't work either. Now my question is, is there anything special i should be doing to the gcm file before it is burnt to disc? (I don't want any coasters if i have to buy some better media!) The file is 1.35 Gb but i read somewhere i needed to use fstfix. I don't know what this is and how to apply it to the game.

Secondly it has been a long time since i backed up any games. What media should i buy? I would preferably like to go down to a shop and buy some. PC WORLD(UK)is very near by so it would be great if i could get some from there

2. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

First, it is not necessary to rename the .gcm to .iso, and may cause problems. Second, RW media is trash when it comes to consoles, that will also cause problems. Buy some Taiyo Yudens or Verbs, burn the .gcm with the app of your choice (I use imgburn, not one coaster).