1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll Keep dreaming

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Oriphus, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hhmmm.......

[​IMG]

2. FAK

FAK Member

You better keep on dreaming !

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, at around £10,000 for both, its a bit out of my league :-(

4. FAK

FAK Member

So you still dreaming ?

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, but i guess im content with my £300 Marantz SR5400, though i would love the SR7400. There is no need for that Processor/Amplifier for me in my small room. Maybe somewhere down the line lol...

6. FAK

FAK Member

Lol i got some sourrond sound in my room hehe . my parents hate me now lol hint hint

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What surround sound did you go for. A system all-in-one, or an amp, seperates and speakers?

8. FAK

FAK Member

I just got some amp that somone was gonna throw away (nieghbor) he said it didnt work so i go home with it. Sure enough it works, only the tape player didnt work lol. and it had two speakers with woofer and tweet so they werent bad at all and then after a couple weeks later my sisters boyfriend brings his amp to his new house and he gave me his old one (kenwood) with two speakers (kenwood) for free so yeah its all hooked up nicely and my dad didnt want his comp speakers + subwoofer so i take the oppurtunity and grab them and yeah all hooked and everything

Last edited: Apr 1, 2004
  9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thats sounds like a nice setup you have considering you spent no money ;-)

10. jeff-o

jeff-o Member

Mmmmm, drool-worthy amp for sure! And blue LEDs... shiny.

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Dont you just love the blue LED's. To be honest, id prefer the Halo C1, or event the C2, which i believe is exactly the same, minus the C1's screen and a few connections. For $2000 less, its a very good bargain.

Ah well, there always the lottery...

12. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Not bad system

But dreaming can be bad for the credit card. Remember to seperate the dreams form the reality.

13. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I do try to - believe me i do...

14. FAK

FAK Member

hey, I bought a Sony Subwoofer which also has two out ports on the back so yeah its really cool and my sound is awsome now im planning on buying an amp a real one lol

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah - it is nice, a lot of the top spec Denon's allow you to upgrade the boards on them with new formats when they become available. At the minute, although im aware of 9.1 Channel Yamaha's and Pioneer Elites, i think the 7.1 channel amplifiers are more than enough for most Home Cinema needs, The handy thing with seperates systems is that many have the 7.1 channel system, + an option for 4 more channels of sound processing.

For instance, take the renowned Theta Casanova or the £6000 Halo C1, which has 7.1 channels, but always has 4 extra channels. Two of them can be added as rear surrounds or extra side surrounds if needed. The other two are generally low frequency effects channel, one for the <100 Hz range and one for the <40Hz right down (Room Shakers). With this, you effectively have a 7.5 system, but without the 9 channels processing, as 2 of them will process the same signals as two other channels. You get a better surround sound feel, without the cost of £20,000 Pioneer Elite 9.1 channel amplifier, not out yet.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]For your DVD needs http://www.dvd-and-media.com
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk
    For User Guides/Downloads: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The Halo C1 by Parasound
    [​IMG]

18. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

That a picture of you with the current girlfriend.

Sounds interesting, At that level you would be better than a lot of movie theaters. better than theatre experince might be worth it, only if the price comes down to about $5000. Would it know to properally decode the sound, other wise it would really suck. I have found that dolby is not nearly as good as DTS. Might just be me, but dolby seems to really suck and only when emulated with other effects does it come out. I would hate for the Dolby or DTS not to work.

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It works with both Dolby and DTS. I find Dolby Digital EX a really good set-up, tend to use it more than the DTS, but agree that the sound quality (not set-up) is better with DTS because it is usually a lot louder.

Im afraid it aint me with the current girlfriend lol. Split up with her at Christmas. At the moment im free and sleeping about lol. I'll maybe settle down for a wee relationship in a bit, just not yet - havin a lot of fun :)