1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by tony_marq, Dec 13, 2004.

1. ydkjman

ydkjman Member

I can't beleive mine is still ticking. For as long as I have had it, I am amazed. It's going to suck when it does bite the dust though.

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

3. TENNSTORM

TENNSTORM Member

Thanks LCSHG... I am not sure if its an 04 or 05. I still have it... I stored it away and went out and bought an RCA DRC that has a VCR/DVD combo and I can record from one to another. I bought it in August and I am already having trouble with it now. On my Ilo, I could use the same disc for about 3 months... with this RCA, it only lasts about 2 weeks (at the most) and the quality is lower. Sometimes if I time a program to record during the day, it will not record and I get a disc error... I put in a new disc last nigh to record something today and now all I see is a bright "M" on the screen and it will not turn on or off. I will have to unplug it I guess. I am thinking of taking it back and getting another, or my money back. I paid $250 for the thing and it was supposed to be the state of the art digital, blah, blah, blah. Junker is what it is.

Thanks again!

4. appealing

appealing Member

I have bought about 6 months ago a memorex DVR recorder and have had no trouble only one dud so far. I am very happy with this recorder and am thinking about getting one with a hard drive. Ither way I am think about getting anouther DVR for my dad's house. For now on I am going for name brand's not off the wal brand's. I should have gone with my gut instinct.

5. TENNSTORM

TENNSTORM Member

Well, I went for a $$$ RCA model and its on the fritz already.... its going through discs like crazy or does not record/gives errors. it may be the discs, but I doubt it... the same discs I was using with my Ilo. I think I will take the RCA back and try another.

6. appealing

appealing Member

It does happen to get bad DVR's I have had my share of bad one. RCA and Memorex seem to be good brands but, I am stuck on Memorex brands. I know of other people have an RCA DVD Recorder and Vcr combo and they have had good doings with it.