1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ilo dvddrh04

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by dill2220, Apr 11, 2005.

1. dill2220

dill2220 Member

I am new to this, and have attempted to copy/burn a dvd from hdd, and it keeps giving me the message to split it. I did that but could only get 1 side of split copied( the disc was full after that). How do you get the dvd to record all of a 2 hour movie? the dvd+r is 120 minute, but I thought you change this to record longer..Any suggestions?

2. alfrednew

alfrednew Member

Hi,

Make sure you're not recording under HQ mode.

3. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

dill2220,

As alfrednew said, it sounds like you are recording in the HQ mode which will only allow 1 hour on a DVD. You will have to record in SP mode to get a 2 hour recording on to the DVD disc.

The reason that most DVD's say 120min. is because the most standard used recording mode is SP and the time given is assuming that.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  4. dill2220

dill2220 Member

i recorded the movie from tv in the hdd with slp length. I want to burn it to the dvd and it shows on the set up screen that i have set dvd length as slp also, but when i go to copy, it tells me that i have to split it, not sure what i am doing wrong...