1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iLo DVDR04 Hangs on unattended record

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by iLoTony, Mar 10, 2005.

1. iLoTony

iLoTony Guest

Hello all. Just bought a iLo DVDR04 based on some recommendations here. I installed the latest firmware from ss3 and had no problems for the first 20 DVD's (I am copying my home videos to DVD). Not a single coaster!

However, lately I have begun experiencing a problem where if I leave the machine (for example, start a recording and go to bed), when I come back the recorder is in the "stopping" state and has to be unplugged to reset. Whatever title was being recorded at the time is gone.

Before I take it back, I would like to know if anyone has any advice because I really like this unit and want to keep it.

2. 80sMusic

80sMusic Member

Hey Tony,
    I had that also do it once. Same thing. I put it on record and went to bed. Difference was mine still showed recording and was on almost 8 hours.
    Ive only had this problem once and it was when I tried to record in the 6 hour mode.
    Now 4 hour seems to work fine. You might want to try it again during the day so you can monitor it. May just be one of those things.
    Ive had mine 5 weeks now and still undecided on whether to return it. After reading on other DVD recorders. I am under the opinion they all have there quirks.
    Good Luck!!!!!

3. iLoTony

iLoTony Guest

Thanks, I've tried it alot (I'm the type of guy who only posts when he's desperate!)

It happens every time now. It may be the DVDs (Sony) I used Maxells for the first 15 or so, then 5 Sonys burned with no problem. Now it only works if manually stop.

Come to think of it, it happened when I manually stopped near the end.

I have some more Maxells at work that I will bring home tonight. If they work, I'll just avoid the Sony's from now on. There is probably a reason they were only 9 bucks per pack of 25!