1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by adambrann, Jan 5, 2005.

1. goku3319

goku3319 Member

I'm having another problem just in general. I am having trouble burning +R media and reading it on other dvd readers. I can record RW media and play it on my other dvd players. But I seem to be messing up something with the +R media... or something is wrong with the burner perhaps? I burn the stuff to disk, then finalize my TDK +R disk, then try to play it in my dvd player. All I get is a file list in the dvd player that shows two folders.. RS and TS ( I believe those are the two directories's names roughly). I checked the disc info using nero to confirm there was data on the disk. When I load the disk up in the ILO burner, I am able to view the contents. It's only when I try to watch the finalized +R disks on my other dvd player. I thought the directions were idiot-proof :) I've broken that theory apparently.

My burner also can't consistently read the TDK 8x +R consistently.

I could use some advice on both problems.

2. motoXer

motoXer Member

OK, I reloaded the firmware. Now, It loads , says data CD, and then ejects the CD. From your website, it sounds like that's what it should do. Do I need to disconnect the power for 30 min. to make it fully reset?

3. motoXer

motoXer Member

When I save it to my PC, should I save the web page, or copy and paste the contents of the page into notepad, and then save it as the appropriate file?

4. motoXer

motoXer Member

OK, I finally downloaded it correctly. For anyone else that is having problems, what you have to do is right-click the link, then in the menu go to target page, then finally click on save as. In the dialog box, select your CD drive as the destination, and click on save.(Thanks for the awesome firmware, Gtrman)

5. stephenj2

stephenj2 Guest

Guitarman - thanks a bundle!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2005
  6. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

goku3319,

I would try a different brand of disc. The ILO can be picky. I use the CompUSA generic ones and they have worked flawlessly.

For the flashing display, try going to the setup menu and doing a system reset/restore. This might clear it up.

7. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

To All

I have updated the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new HD04 1201 firmware update. It is available both hacked and unhacked. Do to problems with people using CD images and different software everyone seems to be using, I have not added cd images this time to help relieve questions on how to use images.

Update Info:
    Version: 1201
    Filename: WMJA1201.DA0
    Type: Drive & System Only (No earlier updates needed)
    Fixes: Adds the ability to copy jpg/mp3 to the HDD (tabs now available in browser), adds CC (close captions) to the recorder.

NOTE: This is a Drive & System update. No other update is needed along with this one.

8. LintZeal

LintZeal Member

Gtrman,

Until recently I left my year old DVDR04 firmware alone since it was working fine for me. When I saw the green tint fix, I decided it was time and upgraded with the official iLO firmware.

Now, I have a random jitter problem. After a quick google, I found claims that any firmware past 1143 will have this random issue. I went looking for version 1143, but noticed it is not on your (or any other) site that I can find.

Since I never had the jitter problem, I am assuming that it is definately firmware related. Do you (did you ever) have older versions on your download page so I can go back to 1143?

9. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

LintZeal,

I have not seen any firmware earlier than 1195, even posted on the ILO website. I think 1195 was the first firmware upgrade that ILO offered for the R04.

10. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

To All 5045 users

I have updated my Firmware Download Page with all flavors of hacked 201 firmware for the 5045. The AU version is still 197.

11. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

To all 5045 users,

I have added the 201AU and 201Maylay hacked firmware files to my site. All regions of 5045 firmware are now at 201.

12. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

To All 5045 users

I have updated my Firmware Download Page with all flavors of hacked 203 firmware for the 5045. From what I have heard in other forums, MV hack works for the 203 firmware. If not, someone please let me know.

13. patthecat

patthecat Member

does anyone know about a problem with the eye in the ilo dvdro4 burners? i haven;t had mine for a year yet and it reads the disks i burned in it as new and goes to prepare mode i can't find my receit so i'm going to have to try and fix it Help!!!!!!! pat

14. dawnmann

dawnmann Guest

I have the ilo dvdr04 with factory firmware. I have been trying to update it, but I have a few problems. When I try to download the file from the website and then open it on my computer, it says i don't have the correct program to open it with. I am not very good with these so i don't know if this is correct. another is do I need to download the previous updates prior to the 3 hour with macrovision in order for it to work. HELP!! thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2006
  15. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Hi Dawnmann, you don't actually have to open the file, what you need to do is burn the firmware onto a new cd (no other files on the cd) and finalize the cd. You don't need the previous firmware versions as the most recent one has all of the attributes of the previous ones. If you want, you may choose to download from Guitarman's site the already hacked 1098 version for the R04, again just need to burn the file and finalize it. Once you're ready, insert the cd in the R04 and follow the instructions on screen, DO NOT POWER DOWN (sorry for the caps, this is important!!!) while the recorder is upgrading as this will kill your recorder, you are actually rewriting the system files of the recorder.

I've done this to my 2 HD04, my 2 R04 and my 5005, no problem.

Cheers, hope this helps.

CC

Hope this helps

16. dawnmann

dawnmann Guest

thanks I have the 3 hour mode now, but I have another problem now. When I put the DVD in the recorder it says reading disk and the display has lines going back and forth then after about 5 min or more it say failed. I have tried 3 different types of DVDs memorex, imitation, maxell each are 8x DVD+R. Is there something wrong with the type DVD? Do I need to get DVD+RW? Is it the wrong speed. Do I need the 4X? Help

17. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Hi Dawnmann, sounds like you have a dirty lens, try cleaning the lens with a typical dvd or cd cleaning disc, it should help. If you want to dwell a little deeper, you might want to open the drive from the top and clean the lens with a Q-Tip and some (rubbing) alcohol, a little risky, take your time and don't apply too much pressure, I've done this to my HD04s, but since then I've actually replaced the drives in my units now, it made them better than new. I would suggest a Liteon 1693s as a replacement, some other liteon drives may work but not with all functions.