1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ilo DVDR04 Info for buyers or future buyers

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by 80sMusic, Mar 6, 2005.

1. 80sMusic

80sMusic Member

Just wanted to give out some info I have so far on my ilo dvd recorder. I havent used any upgrades or hacks for simple reason at the moment I dont have a way to burn it on to a cdr.
    I bought this unit about a month ago. Keep in mind I have run mine ragged ever since. Night and day.

Problems:

It likes to lock Up at times.
    Just turn it off or unplugging it will fix the problem.

When recording it sometimes likes to show recording but will not be and you will get a blue screen recorded.
    Just make sure when recording that it displays the numbers on the front as if it were recording.

Jumpy screen. I noticed today when I was getting ready to record that the screen was jumpy (like a bad vcr tape does). Just turn it off and back on.

Ive been creating alot of dvds with multiply chapters up to 30. Yesterday the system locked and then when I tried to reload the disc again it showed failed. I played it in my other dvd player and then put it back in and it was fine.

Turning it off or unplugging it seems to fix most any problem. Figured I would run this ragged for another month and see how it works then before I make any decisions.

Quality wise on these is A+. All dvds I have recorded have been Excellent. Maxell & Sony DVD+R work Great.

Staples has 50 Sony dvd+r for 19.99:)

2. ilojones

ilojones Member

I beielve I found the maximum number of "titles" on a disc is 49. After that I get a disc full message, even if there is still room left.... I discovered this taping videos, with each having its own title which I can then label. Has anyone else gotten this disc full message?

3. 80sMusic

80sMusic Member

Hey,
    Ive only put up to 30 on mine so far. I wondered just how many you could actually put. I dont care much for the editing part.
    I had a problem lastnight when I set the recorder on 6 hours and went to bed I got up and it was reading 7 hours and 54 minutes and still going. I stopped the dvd and it said invalid disc.
    Was funny didnt no the counter would even go that high.
    Just a bad burn I guess

4. linda666

linda666 Member

how do you record up to 30 chapters? I only have 6 on my ilo recorder

5. 80sMusic

80sMusic Member

Hi Linda,
    I replied to your other post. Create breaks by stopping the recorder completely and then restart recording each time.