1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iLo DVDR04

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by gserve, Nov 7, 2004.

1. gserve

gserve Member

I am considering buying this unit. Anybody own this unit that can give me any info on it?

2. dontbugme

dontbugme Member

3. gserve

gserve Member

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

4. mclyn82

mclyn82 Member

The hack involving "setup" entering 2960, etc. isn't working for me with my new ILO DVDR04. Any ideas? Thanks.

5. gserve

gserve Member

mclyn82, What is your opinion of the ilo dvd recorder?

6. mclyn82

mclyn82 Member

The recorder is ok for our needs. Our total use with this DVD is to watch movies (from both USA and France)and to record TV events. The problem is that we cannot be region free so we can play French movies (made in France) with the formula we have used...

7. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... This unit sure looks to be the same as the LiteOn LVW-5001 ... It uses the exact same "region free hack" also ...

8. mclyn82

mclyn82 Member

When I attempt to hack the DVDR04 everything works until I reach the numbers. At this point as I press the numbers on the remote control, they fail to appear on the screen. (????)

9. terryeng

terryeng Guest

Are the numbers 2,9,6 and 0 supposed to light up on the screen?

10. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... If you click on the link that dontbugme provided in the second post of this thread ... You will have step by step instructions (and the results) on the region free hack for your recorder ...

11. daveshome

daveshome Member

I just picked one up last week. (Ilo DVDR04)
    (Lite-ON 5001 made for Walmart. $ 149.00)

Am still testing it. But everything seems ok to me except hum noise from the tuner. And the noise go's up in volume when you start recording. Have read another user had this same problem. Tried Cable and antenna. Not all channels. Can watch same channels on the TV's tuner or the VCR's tuner. (no noise)

Oh yeah, the tuner built into the DVR is mono also.

No noise on the other inputs.

Might return the unit and try another unit.

Dave

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  12. gserve

gserve Member

Yeah I have the same hum noise as described by you. Also don't have a way to change TV type in setup/system menu. Any idea's? Also when timer recording the unit turns on and I can't watch another program on the TV. Do you know of a way to timer record and watch a different channel at the same time? Thanks

13. daveshome

daveshome Member

Hi.
    Not sure what you mean by change tv type. Like 4:3 or 16.9 ?

The device only has one tuner, so it can only receive one channel at a time. You can feed your TV and let it be the tuner to watch another program. That is what I do.

I just picked up another unit and will see if does the same thing. Will also take it apart to check it out.

Later
    Dave

14. gserve

gserve Member

Hi Dave, There is supposed to be an option to change the TV type from NTSC to PAL in the setup/system menu.Also I hook up the TV via a automatic RF modulator witch when the timer recording comes on it switches the picture to the recording channel.Also have e-mailed Ilo tech support with no response.

15. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Just got done doing a little resarch on the iLo DVDR04 ... Apparently it is the same unit as the LiteOn LVW-5101 that LiteOn builds for Sam's Club (except for the front face plate)... A friend of mine has gone through 1 of each model and has said that he got a tuner hum from each unit ... Now the LVW-5005 that I have has no tuner hum, but the tuner, like the others, is mono ... I don't use the tuner anyways, so until I tried it out (checking for a hum) I never realized that ... NOTE: Sam's Club sells the LVW-5101 for $139.77 ...

16. terryeng

terryeng Guest

I have had this iLO DVDR04 for a week and I still cannot make a recording,I have tried the connections at the back and the front from both a DVD player and a VCR,I get the picture ok but when i press record nothing happens.Both the dvd and the vcr are home movies.I emailed iLO but they did not reply.Any help will be appreciated.

17. gserve

gserve Member

Have you tried recording from the tuner(TV stations)? Does the unit recognize that the dvd+rw is in the drive? You should see the dvd and rw lights on the front panel of the unit lit. When you turn it on the unit reads "hello" and then "reading" and then you see the start screen with Ilo and at the top it will say DVD+RW. If you try to record something with copy protection it will say "copy protected" when you press the record button and will not record.

18. terryeng

terryeng Guest

The unit reconizes the dvd+rw in the display panel.
    I tried recording from the tuner, and I saw the picture running on the small screen and again it would not record.
    The iLO Support Tech just aswered my email so I am waiting for a reply from him.
    Thanks for your help gserve,
    Terry.

19. gserve

gserve Member

Has anyone tried the 800 number for there tech support? I have also e-mailed them with no responce.

20. terryeng

terryeng Guest

iLO told me the reason they are behind in answering mail was that their mail server was down with a virus