1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDR05 Anyone bought one yet???

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by teleho, May 20, 2005.

1. jtwood12

jtwood12 Member

Ok sorry guy's I tried the mu update but my burner couldnt read the disk. also on cyberhomes website the mu1 updates will not go through they time out. so I guess since I have the mu1 I am looking for that update. Thanks again for all the help

2. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

The unit i have now is my 5th dvd recorder but thats another story any way I will say this one time DO NOT GET THIS DVD RECORDER THE ILO 05 model was defective and they pulled it off the shelf but sadly not fast enough and remember folks Walmart sells them they dont make them.

3. Donnelle

Donnelle Member

Well for christmas my husband bought me the Ilo DVDR05 version. I've had it for almost 11 months now. It finally now gives me problems. I have error such as "no disc", "insert disc", "would you like to format this disc." All these errors happen at times they shouldn't appear. I'm getting these errors after using the same DVD for about a month now. All the sudden it doesn't like it?? I turn it off and back on and put in other DVD's that are brand new and it won't even recognize them to ask me if I want to format them, since they are new it should ask you that. I even unplugged it and plugged it back in and it still doesn't see there is a DVD in there. I don't know what else to do. But I will have to say I never had a problem w/ watching my burned DVD's on other DVD players. That is a plus! About the only plus! I can't take it back to walmart now - had it to long. Anyone having these errors some up for no reasoning, at any time?

Thanks
    Donnelle

4. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

Heres what I do with my brothers ilo press the open and close button on the remote for about ten too 15 minutes and a cleaning disk might help one time only but thats what I do then when I use the disk that im using i MAKE SURE i FINALIZE IT ALWAYS DO THIS BECAUSE MY BROTHER DIDNT AND NOW HE HAS LOTS OF DVDS THAT WONT PLAY IN THE ILO AND any other unit.

5. geojedi

geojedi Member

I have had those problems almost right from the beginning, but I always got some good records out of it. I found lately though that if I let the machine warm up for about an hour before I want to do some recording, it will record without fail. Also I switched to a new brand of DVD's and have had no coasters at all. I am now using the Sony dvd+rw 4x. I couldnt be happier so far, but again I still do have problems.

6. Donnelle

Donnelle Member

Well now, my Ilo problems are getting worse. I'm still getting "no disc" error and I have to unplug it over and over and over. Sometimes I open and close the drawer over and over. Sometimes after I open the DVD drawer I blow in there and that seems to work. I think I need to have it cleaned and see if that works. I wouldn't know where to take it though to have it cleaned? Would anyone know? Or has anyone called Ilo direct to complain?

7. heymark

heymark Member

most DVD/VCR Combos have a video/TV button on the remote control so the unit can be on but you can watch TV normally & change channels with the TV remote control. where's the video/TV button on this unit?

8. movies27

movies27 Regular member

wow i cant believe people are having problems with the ILO i loved mine ...i see wal-mart sells the magnavox dvd recorders now...i sure miss the ILO's :(

9. Donnelle

Donnelle Member

I am now UNABLE to use the Ilo at all. It will not recongize a store bought DVD or a blank (so that I can record on it.) NOTHING!! I guess for $100.00 I got my 10 months usage out of it. I will never buy another Ilo burner again. I did see where Wal-mart sells the Magnavox now, so I think I will spend the $100.00 to try that brand. I think I trust that brand better. However I do have an Ilo MP3, player and it works awesome, it even has a tuner on it, to get radio stations. It costs about $60.00 last year and I love it. But the Ilo DVD burner/player just won't work anymore. I tried all the cleanings on it and unplugging it and plugging it back in and blowing it when the drawer is open, nothing seems to work. I used to do daily recordings on it and watch them on the weekends, but I can't anymore. I see the post from "Heymark" re: the tv/DVD button and the remote, I haven't a problem doing that, it's just that it won't recognize a DVD, what so ever. Any suggestions??? Hey, MOVIES 27, how long have you had your Ilo DVD burner? Do you use it alot??

10. geojedi

geojedi Member

I too have been having more troubles with my ILO DVD recorder, but to be honest 100.00 for nearly 2 years of use makes it worth it in my book, I also own 2 ILO mp3 players as well, not a bad product, just dont drop yours Donnelle, the buttons are not attacked to the board inside very well..... but for the price it is a good product.....

I will however not miss the ILo brand if it isnt sold in my area anymore..... Far to many issues what you pay, even if 100.00 is a great price for a DVD recorder.

11. jimi

jimi Member

The brand name ILO means nothing. Its just a walmart inhouse brand label.

ILO mp3 player will not be the manufacturer of the ILO DVDR or the ILO TV sets. Just different chinese suppliers selling units to walmart.

In fact, the ilo dvdr05 had a different manufacturer from dvdr04.

Personally, i will never again buy an ILO product of any kind, nor will i buy electronics from walmart.

I finally got my money back on my ILO 05 p.o.s. , but i went thru a lot of BS.

I am more than happy with my Panasonic DVDR from circuit city $140. Its a difference of night and day for quality.

12. CRJ200

CRJ200 Member

Could anybody please email me the firmware update for the ILO DVDR05/ZU recorder? I can't find them anywhere. Cyber home and ILOService webpages are closed.

Thanks,

13. CRJ200

CRJ200 Member

Could anybody please email me the firmware update for the ILO DVDR05/ZU recorder? I can't find them anywhere. Cyber home and ILOService webpages are closed.
    The files are: DVDR05MU_489.nrg and DVR1600_MU_ZU_Loader_105N.nrg

Thanks,

14. CRJ200

CRJ200 Member

The files me be: DVDR05MU_489.nrg and DVR1600_MU_ZU_Loader_105N.nrg

Thanks,

Thomas

tshopping@gmail.com

15. CRJ200

CRJ200 Member

Wow, I should have read the messages first. I bought 2 ILO DVDR05/ZU end of January.

They worked first good but then would not record anymore. I tried many different brands of DVD+R and DVD+RW. Then they developed a heat problem, after playing a DVD for ~30 min it would crash. I had to unplug them for a few hours and then they would work again for ~20min. I tried to return them to Walmart but after 90 days they would not do anything. I would have taken store credit and bought a DVD recorder with a HD but they rather lost a customer. I will not give Walmart ANY more business even when it is more expensive in other stores. I will investigate legal remedies.

Thanks for all the great posts.

16. GooberSB

GooberSB Member

Hi again

I have been using my ILO for a year now. I posted my results and reviews of the ILO back then on this thread.

I'm posing this time in response to the past few people talking about the magnavox at WalMart. It has absolutely the worst quality I've ver seen.

I had about 25 VHS tapes to convert to DVD. I bought a Magnavox VCR/DVR from WalMart with the intent of converting the tapes and returning it when done (unless I really liked it). After a few DVDs I noticed that the video was grainy (like my Canon video camera indoors).

I connected the VCT outputs to my ILO input1 and recorded a VHS tape. Then I compared the two DVDs of the same tape. The ILO quality was way better using the same recording settings of course.

Finally, I decided to use the VCR portion only of the Magnavox unit and used the good old ILO to record to DVD. The $170 I spent for the Magnavox was way to expensive for just the VCR so I returned it to WalMart quick and in a hurry.

It's a shame that the ILO has/had so many problems withh these units because I haven't found a better cheap recorder yet. Sure the $400 units should be better but for less than $200 the ILO is still my preference.

GooberSB

17. jimi

jimi Member

goober - you are in denial. I got my money back from the ILO junk and bought a Panasonic DMR-ES15 for $140.

The Panasonic is now down to $132.00 online. I have LOTS of experience with both of these brands and the ILO is not even in the major leagues on this one.

Panasonic will read and write on ALL formats and they even give you a DVD ROM disc which is a great medium.

Im not trying to sell panasonic, im sure there are other brands just as good, but just believe me STAY AWAY FROM ILO and WALMART junk.

18. CRJ200

CRJ200 Member

19. GooberSB

GooberSB Member

Heh heh. That's ok.

I think I've been very lucky with my ILO... However, I'll stand behind my criticism of the Magnavox that WalMart sells. Note that I couldn't find any reference to that model # anywhere else. It's like it doesn't exist outside of WalMart stores.

Thanks for the information about the Panasonic though. The reason I didn't consider it (and probably many other people) is due to the choice of inputs. It doesn't have as many as the ILO or more expensive DVRs.

The DV input on the ILO is very useful if you have other DV equipment...

If the Panasonic has good quality then it may well be a better buy than a working ILO. I say that because a defective ILO is no bargain at any price.

I don't know if anyone has noticed that WalMart is now selling ILO flat screen TVs for ~$800. So they are still pumping out cheap electronics. Doesn't look like they have left the scene to me. Maybe just the DVD recorder market.

GooberSB

20. jimi

jimi Member

just FYI - the panasonic absolutely has dvideo input -- its a sort of hidden door in the front that flips down--> DVin, svideo in , yellow/white/red video in