1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO DVDRH04 PROBLEM

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by G8RDAVE, May 9, 2007.

1. G8RDAVE

G8RDAVE Member

Please help! I have had my ILO DVD recorder for two years now, and have not had any problems with it until now. The problem started when I tried to copy from my hard drive to a DVD & it said it could not read the disc. After several attempts to fix the problem - it turned out all I needed to do was to use a disc cleaner. Now it reads the disc, but it freezes while copying. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?
    Thanks

2. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

It sounds like you need a replacement drive, here's a link to a good thread on the issue. I own 4 HD04s and had to replace the drives after a year's worth of work, lucky if yours lasted 2 years. Cleaning will work for a while but eventually this would be the best solution. Liteon drives past the 1693 model don't like to fastforward, the picture freezes up and you need to unplug the unit.

I personally don't mind that as I use my hd04s as PVRs and burners, drives past the 1693 model will burn, transfer, just fit, so no problems archiving.

I've got one with a 160ps, another with a 165ps and the last two with the 20xA1P, all Liteons. I do not use the HD04s to watch dvds, I use a player instead. Check the thread it might be your avenue.

Cheers

CrazyCanuck

http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1868