1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ilo DVDRHD04 Will Not Finalize

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by joyriding, Feb 15, 2005.

1. joyriding

joyriding Guest

I have the DVDRHD04 with the latest firmware (1/17/05) and have been using Ritek DVD-Rs for recording. A couple days ago it started stalling at 29% when finalizing the disc. If I leave it, it finally just crashes and fails the disc.

I can record onto DVD-RWs and use them but I would like to get this resolved so I can save money on recordings I want to keep.

2. dutch_iv

dutch_iv Member

I'm having the same problem. Recorded a soccer game the other day burned it to a DVD-R and now nothing will see it not my DVD player or the DVD player in my Mac laptop.

I haven't tried copying anything else but I'm on the way to do that now.

3. joyriding

joyriding Guest

Well, I can tell you how the story ends. Ilo said if I checked a couple of different recommended brands of discs and it won't work, then it's got to be replaced. They gave me a form for a return number. I looked at my Walmart receipt and it was on day #88 so I took it back the next day and got a new one. So far so good. I'm afraid to update the firmware though, because mine was fine until I did.

4. carterfly

carterfly Member

Are you sure you are using DVD-R? This machine uses DVD+R's not DVD-R's. (PLUS NOT MINUS DVDR)

5. joyriding

joyriding Guest

I was using DVD+Rs and DVD+RWs. I wasn't even aware of it until Ilo's representative asked and I checked my labels.

6. dutch_iv

dutch_iv Member

My bad I'm using DVD +R I've got to keep 'em straight as my G5 Mac uses DVD-R

I've got another brand so I'll try them next before I take it back.

Dutch

7. dutch_iv

dutch_iv Member

I tried a new brand of DVD+R (Phillips) and now it's finalizing the disks.

Must be the media ? Memorex before. The only question I have is that it finalized about 4 of the Memorex disk before it decided it didn't like them.

Dutch