1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO / LiteOn SMART Firmware Hacker

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Gtrman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Deb-GA

Deb-GA Member

Thanks for your answer Guitarman. Another question.

I recorded 2 different shows on the hard drive. When I played the first one, it gliched out at about 48 seconds and went back to TV. I tried it again, but it wouldn't go past the 48 seconds. When I played the pay-per-view movie, it played until about the last 30 minutes, then gliched out. When I load the firmware, will that fix that problem; or could it be something else that I have to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
    Deb

2. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

Deb-GA,

May be a HDD problem. After doing the update, do a drive erase. This will reformat and reset the file structures on the drive. You will loose what's on there. After the erase, try another recording and see if it does it again. If so, the HDD may be going bad.

3. motoXer

motoXer Member

Is there a hack for the Emerson EWR10D4 recorder? Sorry if this has already been asked.

4. motoXer

motoXer Member

I want the firmware hack to be able to disable copyright protection, so I can copy VHS to DVD.

5. motoXer

motoXer Member

Never mind the question about the Emerson hack. I'm going to the store now to return the Emerson and buy the Ilo recorder.

6. kingsmead

kingsmead Member

Just for anyone else with a Liteon recorder - I applied the patch/hack to my model and it worked great. As I understand, LiteOn makes Ilo. Now, if I could only get a hack for the Sanyo DRW500 <g>

7. wipron

wipron Member

I've downloaded the ILO/LiteOn Smart Firmware Hacker and followed the instructions carefully. When I press the "Select Firmware File" button then selected the firmware. The program keeps coming back with an error message "could not find Macrovision Hex String" What am I doing wrong?? Thanks!

8. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

wipron,

What recorder do you have??

9. wipron

wipron Member

Thanks for the quick reply. After five tries I finally fiqured it out. I was selecting the wrong filmware file. I have a LiteOn LVW-5005 and it works excellent!! So far..........

10. wipron

wipron Member

Does this program also work for DVD recorder drives in computers? I have a LiteOn SOHW-1633S-BGS4?

11. whompus

whompus Active member

12. lb_uk

lb_uk Member

I've just got a Liteon 5045 and want to copy some old VHS tapes to DVD before they wear out. These are music instruction tapes and solely for my own use. The tapes are fairly old although some have copied successfully whilst others send out what sounds like a dial tone signal which turns off the recorder HDD or DVD. Is there any way of preventing this.

13. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

lb_uk,

Go to my download site and select "Other Helpful Information and Links". You will find a link to download hacked firmware for the 5045. It will disable the MacroVision sensing in the recorder so you can back up your tapes.

Or click here:
    http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/5045/

Good luck

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  14. lb_uk

lb_uk Member

Thanks Gtrman, ran upgrade on my 5045 using your modified firmware and everything works fine. tapes copied with no problem.
    Although I only have region 2 DVD's would it benefit me to set the 5045's region code to region 0 (multi-region)

15. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

lb_uk,

Yes, you should go in and set the region to region free. If you have a US model, the firmware would have done this already. If your model was any other region, the firmware would have subtracted it by 1. You would then need to use the setup 2960 remote code to set the region.

Press "Setup" on remote
    Highlight "Exit" (do not press enter)
    Press "2, 9, 6, 0" on the remote (do not press enter)

A new menu should appear and allow you to change the region settings.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  16. GoofusKAC

GoofusKAC Member

OK, I just got an ILO DVR04 after a month of pure heck with the 05 model. I upgraded the firmware in the following order:

1. WMEA1097.E20
    2. WMEA1098.ES5

Then I found the LP/MV hack (WMEA1098.ES5 hack) (all I really needed was LP) and ran it. Did I do everything in correct order? Everything seems to be OK so I think I did, just wanted verification since I was very tired and groggy when I did it.

Thanks!

17. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

GoofusKAC,

You did one extra step you didn't need but got to the same outcome. You didn't need to do the first 1098 update, just the hacked one. You were right to do the 1097 update first to get the drive update from that one. If you have the LP 3-hr mode, you did it right.

18. Hamy4386

Hamy4386 Guest

Hi I'm newbies here which firmware do i use to set my Liteon LVW-5007, the F/W on the unit is LNKA1999 and build date was OCT 2004 and the F/W I just DL is LNKA 1039.ES1 on Nov 15 2004 which one is newer 1999 or 1039 according to the date the 1039 is lastest one but why the # is lower, please help me out Thanks

19. Hamy4386

Hamy4386 Guest

Nevermind return the damm recorder
    Thank for the biggggg help

20. addavis

addavis Guest

Hi, me again! I applied the hacked firmware but now the tv guide function will not work. It comes up blocked out. Does that have something to do with the region free setting? How can I make this work again as we are needing to record the shows we like to watch again. One is on tonight so I have to get this fixed today. Please help! Thanks!