1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO / LiteOn SMART Firmware Hacker

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Gtrman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. lpestrada

lpestrada Member

Our newness level may be in the same league. My understanding is that the block is part of the Liteon 5005 firmware. That is what I am trying to fix. I also think that the DVD recorder is the last link in the process of writing to the DVD disk. If my view is correct, then my grandmother can't help me since she was still using a 78 player. My limited experience using my computer burner through a device that converts analog (VHS) to digital (DVD) does not produce very good results. So I am still looking for help. Thanks

2. shass

shass Member

Mageddon,

I like newness. Makes me feel experienced even though I'm a complete dolt...

As I understand the problem, older VCR's only partially solve the problem. A VHS tape with a MV signal can play on any VCR, and TV's are not sensitive to the signal so it looks fine.

Newer VCR's get screwed up when they try to record a tape with the MV signal. When you play a tape recorded in this way it looks terrible; like the signal garbles it.

Older VCR's are not sensitive to the signal. They can record fine, and the playback is fine. However, they don't strip out the MV signal. They just record it.

My DVD recorder is different. It actually detects the signal and will not allow recording. Just to see if it works, I tried taping a MV tape onto an older VCR and then record that copy. The DVD recorder detects the signal and won't allow it because, as I said, the older VCR didn't remove the signal, it just recorded it. The copy is protected just like the original. I can play the copy, but not copy the copy.

I'm still curious to hear about how the stabelizers work...

3. MarkDogg1

MarkDogg1 Member

the stablizer i got works like a charm for the newer lite on 5005 models.

4. addavis

addavis Guest

Gtrman, I need your help again. Model LVW-5007 just tried to update to the newest update. I upgraded and changed the region code back to 1 as we discussed in earlier conversations. Now the darned thing is turning my DVD RW's into coasters! I put one in that I know works with this machine and it says it is "preparing" then it pops it out and says it's a DVD. It's like it is finalizing every one I put in. This is costing me a fortune trying to figure out. Any ideas? I have even re installed the original software and it still does it. I have flashed to the original software & then did the update. Still no help, I don't even want the hack anymore I just want to be able to use my recorder. Every DVD+RW that I put in says "reading" "preparing" and then it states "DVD" not DVD+RW as it is supposed to. It is no longer recognizing recordable dvd's as being recordable. I'm very frustrated please help.

5. Mark_Kram

Mark_Kram Guest

Gtrman, I need your help. Do you know Model LVW-1107HC1
    ? I'm trying to find an firmware to hack fro region and macrovision, but I can't find it, do you have ?
    Do you know if it's a good model and how to make region free with the remote ?
    Thanks,

Makr

6. mrt8888

mrt8888 Member

I know everyone says this. I am a newbie i just bought a dvdrow ILO unit. I have been reading everything every body has put and i am learning. I am in the USA with the hack to upgrade the dvdro4 unit work for my unit. Once i do the hack i will be able to extend the LP to 3 hours. If i am not mistaken i would be able to bypas the protection on dvd and vcr movies. I travel a lot and i would like to put my dvd movies and old vhs movie on other dvds so i will not harm the orignals. Sorry if i am repeating what others have written i am trying to learn. Thanks for any input.

7. jimzcatz

jimzcatz Member

So am I to believe I cant hack my brand new Liteon 5045?

8. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

[ jimzcratz ]

You have [my opinion] the best machine period.
    [It can be hacked].
    Go to those other sites I gave on your post. Look them over and check on the 5045, its operation and abilites. Those sites will give you most all info you need to get this machine to do what you want and more.
    The one site will give you the firmware [which is the official LiteOn one] and the hack for it [follow the Instructions]These sites have some very Knowledgeable people

I have two ilo RHD04 umits, which are LiteOn, different firmware but made by LiteOn, They work perfect.

9. mrt8888

mrt8888 Member

I am really sorry i didnt read over my last post good. I have a dvdro4 ILO unit. i was able to buy the unit for 15 dollars and it works fine. If i use the hack software will that let me bypass the protected content on the vhs and dvd movies. I want to make copys of them and use them in my dvd player when i travel.
    thanks

10. drsheena

drsheena Member

I have the Lite On LVW-5104. How do I get the file to my recorder? I dled the hack file but it won't let me put it to a disc. I think. Please help, thanks.

11. jarek257

jarek257 Member

Just flashed lvw5005 with hacked firmware for M/V & 3 hr. recording.
    Screen went black during process. Now the only message I get is " Put CD in" and nothing else works. I hacked 1101 ver. of Liteon firmware.
    Can anybody help recover from this one ?

12. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Have you tried unplugging your recorder for a little while to reset it?

You do know that you cannot MV hack any firmware newer than 0098 right?

I'm sure that if unplugging doesn't work that you can find the answer to your problem if you read through this thread ...

13. jarek257

jarek257 Member

Yes, I've tried that-no luck.
    No, I did not knew that I can't use anything newer than 0098.
    And did I mention that after my screen went black unit displayed
    "F-UP 101".
    Now it showes only "Put CD In" and "ERROR" if I do so. No output to TV so screen stays black.
    Does that mean is KAPUTT and I can toss it ?

14. catfreak

catfreak Active member

15. wipron

wipron Member

(jarek257)
    I had the exact same problem that you described. I called the liteon tech line and was basically told it was junk. I told them that the disc was turning, but they said "its not reading the disc, so the drive is out." I ended up putting in a disc of a hacked version of the 0098, and after trying it a couple of times, it finally reconized the disc and I just followed the on screen directions. That was eight months ago and it is still working GREAT! Give it a shot. Hope this helps.

16. jarek257

jarek257 Member

(Wipron)
    I tried that probably 100 times-no luck, but thanks anyway.
    Today I hookup drive (it's DDV 451s) directly to my PC without removing it from the chasis. It works great, reads anything I throw on it. That means it's a chip on the board. Looks like original firmware was "lnfa 1090.C01". At least that what it says on chip.
    Does that maen is DEAD or I can still try something else?
    If not I'm gonna use drive in my PC, unless I can find somebody with 5005 with dead drive in it. Or mayby I can use ILO with this drive ?
    Can this be done? Will proper firmware make it "ALL WRITE" ?

17. JazzMind

JazzMind Guest

Hello-

I have VHS movies I wish to preserve on DVDs. I also have a Chinese wife who uses the closed captioning to help her learn English.
    if I use the hack to defeat macrovision and make fair use back ups on DVD, will the closed captioning still work on the DVDs?

Thanks for your help

18. wipron

wipron Member

Yes, closed captioning will work. If the source you are recording from has closed captioning to begin with. I did the same thing for my kids with cartoon and it worked fine.

19. m4p

m4p Member

Has anyone had any luck in getting the macrovision hack to work on the 1107HC1?

20. shass

shass Member