1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ILO / LiteOn SMART Firmware Hacker

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Gtrman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. wipron

wipron Member

Yes , you are right correct SN 0102-0143-0063-F2SC(100-010B)
    Also, I took the cover off to see if it was the same as the other 5005's that I have, and on the main board, it reads lvw-5001! I don't know if that makes any difference or not, but weird huh?

2. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Yes the LVW-5001 would make a difference But tthe second set of of 4 # seems off and I think should be 1143. Now that I think about it I read somware of another 5005 with a 5001 mainboard. It this is factory or someone has replaced the mainboard, I don't know
    However

Go Here
    http://pumapeople.com/liteon/

Select the US LVW-5001 Firmware
    you should see see a selection with a second set of numbers 1143 I do not know if this is correct
    Before you do anything
    Go to these sites and post your question [Harpmaker] He is a moderator, well informed and has a 5001

http://www.normediasolutions.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=7

You should post all info and # along with a review of our discussion

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  3. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

The Edit on the above post was the refference to the 5001. I had typed 5995

4. wipron

wipron Member

The SN 0102-0143-0063-F2SC(100-010B) is correct. The unit is actually a LVW-5001 upgraded to a 5005. I tried many, many different firmware upgrades. The LNFA1080.DS1 went into the machine and qued up for an upgrade, however, it just sat there for over an hour and did nothing. (screen said it was upgrading but the numbers on the front of the machine never left 00) Power got cut off by accident and I was left with a machine that either said "put in cd" or "error". Basically a paper weight. I got the machine to work again by installing the original 1063 firmware. (took a looong time to get there however). Works great now, just cannot lose the MV. The LNFA1063.D00 hacked firmare only reads "data disc". I have run out of options that I know how to try. Anyone else have any tricks for this machine? BRING IT ON!! THANKS! WIPRON

5. flyboybob

flyboybob Member

I have a Liteon LVW-1101HC1 DVD recorder. Recently, when I insert a blank DVD, it says it is reading the DVD and then begins to prepare it; however it only gets to between 21% and 27% and then opens the DVD drawer. Any ideas?

6. Minster69

Minster69 Member

I have the Liteon 5055 gdl+. I have downloaded the latest firmware from Liteon - England LNJPE028.DA3.

I have updated the recorder and the serial now reads 013C-4241-0028-B20P.

Can I use the Mr Wizard program to hack this firmware and re-apply?

If so has anyone done it successfully, with no side effects, green tint etc etc.

I am trying to turn off Macrovision, not bothered about region or lp mode.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

7. dbld_indy

dbld_indy Member

Mine is doing the same? Did you ever get this issue solved or did you shop for a new burner?

8. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Minster69

Missed your post
    Did you find an answer to your questions

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  9. Minster69

Minster69 Member

Nobody has really confirmed if it's okay and it defintely works, I think one person, might be from another forum said it was okay, nut without any real confirmation that they had done it.

If you can confirm the answers to my questions that would be great.

10. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Minster69

Have a 5045 not the UK 5055. It is hacked and has a replaced PC drive
    I cannot state real conformation or answers and you are correct in asking. Some firmware changes could be a real problem and result in a braid dead unit
    I do not believe that the firmware mentioned can be hacked
    If you look at The hack site [while it says ilo - ilo is a Liteon]
    http://www.ncc2315.com/ilo/
    There are limitations on the firmware that can be hacked for MV. there is a 5025ghc listed but does not seem to cover the UK5055.
    If you cannot find an answer try this site
    http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/
    Again while ilo, it covers the Liteon. You might try this site and post.

I asked because I think this issue was covered by posts sometime back and there are some of these units avail. In the US
    It seems that a user in the UK had a similar issue and reported it solved .

11. Minster69

Minster69 Member

Thanks a lot for your help.

Paul

12. ackaite

ackaite Member

mine is doing same thing just started doing it today has anyone else with this problem got it up and going???? using verbatim dvd+r media like i always have and have the latest hacked firmware PLease Help before i junk it lol

13. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Please look at my posts on this page, the info and the links given. Also this one.
    http://www.normediasolutions.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12
    These three sites have a lot of info on the Liteon/ilo.
    When you say hacked do you mean for region or MV or both?
    I believe the unit above and yours are UK versions and I am not sure that either can be hacked for MV but might be for region.

It appears by your posts that the DVD drive night be going bad and I do not see any reason that it could not be replaced. The sites given, list the drives that are known to work on all functions
    Unfortunately a number of sites, as an example, have posted that the 160p and later will work. It Will but Fast Forward is lost and if used the unit will lock up

It could be that others that have a similar unit and problems have found an answer

A Note
    The US versions of some, no longer made, units are non-compliant. I do not know if the UK units are

14. dbld_indy

dbld_indy Member

Thanks for the help, I will start shopping for a replacement drive and will go from there.

PEACE!

DBL_D! OUT!

15. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

All with UK units you might want to look at this site and thread. The posts by Brian Duffy towards the latter part of page 1 and the responses may be of interest.
    http://www.normediasolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=282&sid=8147af894ba7166ea07bf73e56479e13

His use of a 16H5s, which is the same as a 1635s, that I had used would seem the same except for the 16H5s lite-scribe.

I just assumed the 1635s was in the same family as the 1693s but is not. It is 1 family newer than the 1693s but below the 160p series.
    It seems that he resolved problems that could be related to issues posted here. You might try to contact him. He is in London

16. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I have replaced the drives in three LVW-5005 recorders using (2) SHW160P series drives and (1) SOHW1693s . . while it is true that you cannot fast forward with the 160 series drives, they are much better than the original. The 1693 series drive allows for fast forwarding but may be difficult to find for a reasonable price.

Personally I couldn't care less about how they play discs as I have never used them as playback machines . . . I had to 'test' them out though.

The 160/165 series drives work very well and can be had for a reasonable price - - - highly recommended!

Victor

17. ackaite

ackaite Member

im dunno about a uk version it i did the firmware mod downloaded latest firmware from liton and did the mod on it it said it removed mv and region free but the firmware worked fine for awhile it just started ejecting the dvd when it get to 21Z% preparing ive seen other have the same problem have u guys got it to go away or figure it out

18. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Hi ackaite, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, the smart ilo/liteon hacker was design for the early ILO/Liteon models numbered 50xx and the ILO 04s, the hack (MV portion) doesn't work on later Liteon models such as the 1101.

19. ackaite

ackaite Member

oh yeah umm it seemed to work for awhile...but can i just load the firmware on it from the liteon site being i already updated with it but with the hacks

20. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

No harm in doing that, you'll probably get the 3-hour and region free features if you didn't have them before, plus any official update Liteon has for that model, just the MV part will still be active (copy-protection on). The hack program only looks for 3 hex addresses, one to add the 3-hour mode, one to set region free which actually drops the code by one for Region 1 users, for users outside Region 1, you'll need to go the remote way by pressing 2-9-6-0 while sitting on exit to open the hidden region menu, then choose the region 0, and the last address, sets MV at disable, Liteon has changed that address on newer models such as yours. All this to say yes you can apply the firmware, no issue, can only gain.