1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ilos recorders playing Mp3/Jpeg Interesting Info

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by 80sMusic, May 3, 2005.

1. 80sMusic

80sMusic Member

According to the email I received from Ilo support today. Our systems are not suppose to play Mp3 or Jpeg. They are telling me that the manual is wrong.
    Anyone else heard this one before. Obviously by my experiences they definetly do nothing but mess up the system.

2. bythec

bythec Member

My DVDRHD04 plays MP3s and JPGs. I like the way it displays albums (folders) and files. It automatically picked up the folders containing MP3s and JPGs from an old backup copy of a "My Documents" folder on a CDR. It will not drill down into sub-folders. Of course you cannot copy either to the HD as advertised in the guide. Not a big deal but it could be useful to load up a number of MP3s.

3. whompus

whompus Active member

No problem with mp3 or jpg on mine ever. With older firmware I have taken the hdd out of the ilo and put them in correct folder on the hdd with my computer and they played from it as well with no problem.

What they are telling you is just there way of covering there ars. Same as removing the tabs for playback of them in hdd mode. The best way to tell this is if the unit was not meant to play them there would not be the folders on the hard drive for storage of them. Just goes to show ilo does nothing when it comes to firmware for the unit. It is done by liteon and they want us to buy the 5045 for those options. More and more I beleave ilo is a group of phone operators in someones basement out there to take calls and point you to a web site for firmware updates and faq's and tell the people with real tech issues it is going to level 2 tech.

Last edited: May 3, 2005