1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im a newbie and i need help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by fsugal25, Jul 7, 2003.

1. fsugal25

fsugal25 Member

i know this question has been asked more than one can count..but if someone could kindly direct me to how to burn from avi format to dvd(+r) format. i dont think it sinks in when i read certain threads on how to do this. i have an external dvd rw and i downloaded tmpge, gspot and nero. i just get confused on what to do after i download the movie. also, some of them are two part movies..how can i xfr this to a dvd(+r) instead of using a cd-r. sorry if this gets too old for those who know how to do this. i think im one of those people who like a step by step help. im really sorry to ask this but i would appreciate it if anyone could help. thanks a million!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2003
  2. xbennyboy

xbennyboy Guest

There is an AVI to VCD/DVD converter by Cucusoft. It converts AVI to MPEG-4. Search this in Yahoo. The converter is pretty easy to use. If it is two-part, you have to convert both.
    Once you get the MPEG files, you have to specify to (lets say) Nero that you are going to burn a DVD. There should be an option on the left side of the New Compilation window that says DVD. Once the compilation window starts up there should be the "going to be burned" filesystem on the top box. The bottom box is where you put the MPEG files. Hope it works!!

3. fsugal25

fsugal25 Member

thanks so much! i appreciate your help