1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im a newbie kan someone help??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by austin420, May 23, 2007.

1. austin420

austin420 Member

ok, i have just got bak in the mood into trying this out.(the whole .iso in psp and playing games , etc...) and yet again like i did the first time, i failed. what i usually did was i downloaded an iso from emule. then i would extract the file or unzip it w/e and then put the extracted folder into my GAME folder in my PSP folder. then when i look at it it says corrupted data. i really dont know what the problem is. but i would like to know. if anyone could give me help starting from scratch, that would really help. i would really like to play any downloaded psp game on my psp. any kind of help will be much appreciated. thank you.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  2. drakex

drakex Regular member

First things first, in order to play any isos you need to have any of these firmwares...

3.03 OE (A, B or C)
    3.10 OE-A
    3.30 OE-A
    3.40 OE-A

This are custom firmwares are the only things that will let you load isos on your PSP.

After you have upgraded yo uneed to copy paste the isos on your ISO folder, not Game, so good luck you can find any tutorial here on how to upgrade to a custom firmware. :)

And please dont double post, any MOD can take this thread out as is double posted thanks.

3. austin420

austin420 Member

ty for the straters, now could anyone give me a link where i can get all of these firmware upgrades? and also how do i get an ISO folder i am currently firmware 3.01 normal sony update. any help will be mich appreciated.

4. drakex

drakex Regular member

http://www.dark-alex.org/

This is the developers site where you get all the Firmwares, Thanks God for having Dark Alex, you are in 3.03 Sony, which is not the best way to be, anyways, just... as far as I know you need to downgrade to 1.50 and then upgrade to 3.40 OE-A I got that version running and by the way the saves you got on your Memory Stick will be useless, so erase it to use it for the update, now after the update you will format again the Memory Stick and Voila the ISO folder will be inside... :) Dont be lazy look around in this forum for the guides on how to upgrade or downgrade your psp the proper way... by the way you should be carefull there is a chance that you might brick your PSP... :)

5. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

like drakex put it, any changes you do to your PSP that are not official always play a risk of breaking your PSP, so changes to the systems should not be done carelessly. Really read around the tutorials and instructions; follow them step by step.

Go in to the mods and firmware section, discussing firmware in this are of the forum is prohibited.