1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm a newbie to burning

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by moonberry, Oct 4, 2002.

1. moonberry

moonberry Member

i need help burning vcd's! i get my videos from kazaa! and then after that i dont know what to do! i need step by step instructions! on how to burn and what freeware programs i can use to burn i alreadt have nero and tmpgenc encoder! is there anything else i may need! if not then how do i use the programs that i have! i have worked on this for weeks and weeks! and still nothin! i always get the error that the movie is unsupported! hope someone can help me with some easy instructions!

2. Tom21

Tom21 Member

Your problem is probably, that you don`t have the right codex installed.

Go to www.divx.com

And download the newest codex + the newest version of their divx player.

Install the codex, they are downloaded as *.exe files, in ure choosen directory.

Install the DivX software ie divx.exe

or a folder named divx, with setup.exe as the installation file.

Afther installation, u may have to restart ure system, depending on the programs u`ve installed / the current Operation System ure using. Just Do It to be on the safe side.

Restart computer....

(I assume u use Windows as your operation system)

Then...

Start the divx software...

(if u follow the basic installation procedures, a shortcut will be added to your program menu

Start ---> Prgrograms ---> DivX

Press the load symbol...
    (looks completely like the button u push, when u re want to insert a new cd on ure stereo / video cassete in ur vcr

Then find ure movies, and select the one you want to watch.

Your problem should be fixed now....

3. Jake

Jake Active member

First thing, remember that re-encoding always causes quality loss.
    You only need a TMPGEnc, Nero and maybe a codec, depends what codec that movie is encoded, maybe you should install DivX, XviD or both. Open TMPGEnc and open movie file -> choose browse. Then select load and choose example PAL VCD, if that movie is NTSC then choose it. Adjust the settings -> Video tab, change Motion search precision to Highest quality -> Advanced tab, change Source aspect ratio to 1:1 -> Video arrange method is set as Full screen (keep aspect ratio), Then OK. And now ready to go, click start button. Then follow this guide how to burn with Nero: http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/nero_videocd_guide.cfm

4. moonberry

moonberry Member

tom that still dont really tell me how to burn movies! i already have divx! do i still burn with nero or divx! is there another place to where i can get movies from besides kazaa because it takes like forever for a movies to download! and i even have dsl!

5. Jake

Jake Active member

If you have standard VCD or SVCD, then burning it´s not a problem. .avi movies you must burn like data..

Last edited: Oct 5, 2002
  6. AJCharlie

AJCharlie Guest

You said burn AVI`'s like data, what do you mean? If I put an AVI file on a data CD, for example using the standard windows one that came with my burner, would my DVD mp3 VCD player detect and play it???

7. moonberry

moonberry Member

listen guys i dont know nothin about this avi, mpg's, birate, and all that other stuff i just need help burning videos! i need a simple way! a simple program! all i wanted to know is if nero can decode and burn and if it is good to use the same program to do both or will the video look like crap! and if there is another web site that i can find videos that dont take so long to load on the computer! i have DSL and i thought that it would be faster but it seems just as slow!

8. Jake

Jake Active member

AJCharlie, No ".avi" movies doesnt work standalone players, only in PC..

9. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest