1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm A Noob And I Desperately need help on downgrading!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Brad92, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Brad92

Brad92 Member

Hi, thanks for taking your time to read this. I own a PSP with 2.50fw. It is not a TA-082. I have an ISO of the game MLB 07: The Show which I want to make palyable from my memory card. I have a 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo. Many people have advised I first upgrade to 2.71 before then downgrading to 1.50. I have always been sent the same link to download the file "8046_EBOOT.PBP". However, when I load this from my PSP it tells me that the file is actually "Update Version 2.00" and that there is no need to update. I also downloaded Dark_Alex's 2.50/2.60 - 1.50 Downgrader. But, I do not have access to a copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. Can someone please help me, Much Appreciated. Thanks.

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

you need to upgrade to 2.80, then downgrade to 1.5 from there.
    once at 1.5, upgrade to custom firmware, suggest 3.30oe-a or 3.40oe-a.
    youll find all upgrading/downgrading files on

or use the link in my sig for a upgrade/downgrade aio.

3. snypeshot

snypeshot Member

yeah, you need to downgrade to 1.5FW and t]hen upgrade to 3.40 OE-A and you can play homebrew. Then load GTA lcs; if you dont have it, get it off a friend, or your next best source is eBay. it will take a week to come, and youll have to ask if its the unpatched version. usually the unpatched versions are the more expensive ecause they cannot be found @ retail.

may i ask where exactly did you buy ur PSP? how long ago? or is this a PSP you've owned from a while back, and just recently decided to downgrade?

4. Brad92

Brad92 Member

my friends al seem to have gta vcs!:S i bought it from a website i cant remember which one, definitely not ebay. i haven't been on it 4 a while and recently decided to downgrade it as i wanted 2 play some isos. btw no matter what update i put into PSP>GAME>UPDATE, my PSP always regonizes it 2 b a Version 2.00fw ne ideas? thanks

5. Brad92

Brad92 Member

btw - djmazz, thanks for the aio, evrything lkd gd until i clikd to download the 2.80 fw update, it loaded my internet browser then shut the internet browser. that was it i tried again and it just rpeated itself. ne ideas? thanku much appreciated.

6. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

aint got a clue mate but you can find the 2.80 update here,