1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a noob in the chip business, need help with Chameleon

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by RabbiTaoy, Dec 22, 2003.

1. RabbiTaoy

RabbiTaoy Member

I installed a Chameleon onto my xbox and now i don't know what's going on. I'm pretty sure I installed the chip physically correct, and the xbox isn't damaged since after I remove the chip it still works fine. The thing is I don't know how to flash BIOS. I mean there are so many different bios out there and there are so many ways to do it that it's making my f**king head spin. And also there's the deal about some cdr and cdrw not working. So please can someone guide me through this, I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you.

2. junesback

junesback Member

if you installed it right you will the cromwell bios screen. and it will ask you for a disc

3. RabbiTaoy

RabbiTaoy Member

I had a black screen, but the DVD-rom did pop out after the system is turned on. The ejection light went from orange to red then to green, does that mean anything? I checked many times with the installation and everything seems to be in place. I bought the chameleon with the adapter, that means i don't have to solder anything right?

4. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Make sure you're using the orinigal AV Cables because if you use a Svideo pack or HD Pack you won't see anything during the flashing process... after your chip is flashed you'll be able to use any AV Pack you wish!

5. RabbiTaoy

RabbiTaoy Member

I thank you for all the suggestions but can someone tell me how to flash bios please? I'm really in a hole right now

6. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

First you'll have to find a bios file then rename it to LINUXBIO.BIN and burn this to a CD-RW then when the linux-cromwell screen asks for a CD insert it. If it doesn't work try putting on the CD a file over 200megs called dummy.bin ... also, disable Joliet when burning the files to the CD

7. RabbiTaoy

RabbiTaoy Member

Nothing showed up on my screen after I turned up the xbox, the disc tray did pop out though. How can I check if I installed the chip correctly? Because I did read something about having to solder two wires for the newer versions of xbox.

8. pong3

pong3 Guest

Do you have a programmer?, it might be easier to use