1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im a noob, please help me put downloaded games on my psp!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by matthewch, Feb 27, 2007.

1. matthewch

matthewch Member

i got a ta-082 and its already version 1.5 how do i put downloaded games on my psp? i downloaded metal slug anthology but it says its a CD creator file or sumthin. please help me!!!!

2. xilicon

xilicon Member

depending what programs you have on your pc a *.ISO file can be indicated as a CD image - hence your pc saying it's a CD Creator file. I'm kinda new at this myself so I'm using 3.03oe-c and I just throw the iso in my iso folder on my psp and it's good to go. good luck.

3. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

<<This is a copy and Paste from another response I made>>

So your running a PSP v1.5 lets start there. Heres what you can do, you can run homebrew from your memory stick. (i.e. Play NES, SNES, Sega ect.) You cannot run ISO's in 1.5. The way around this is to run a homebrew program called DevHook (v0.52.0100) which will emulate a PSP V3.11, Find it Here

Your Other Option is To upgrade to the Custom Firmware, Most people Recommend 3.03 OE-C. Thats what I use. What this will allow you to do is run v3.03 but still be able to have access to the psp's kernel and run your Homebrew, ISOs, and have the ability to customize your Firmware through the recovery menu and add plugins.
    Find Custom Firmware v3.03 OE-C Here
    The great thing about running custom firmware is you get all the benefits of v1.5 and v3.xx without having to switch between firmwares or using homebrew enablers.

AS FOR NOT NEEDING A UMD FOR ISO's
    Only Custom Firmwares Over 3.02 OE-B can run ISO's. To run ISO's without a UMD in the drive you'll need to Access the Recovery Menu. Not all games work without a UMD (I know Burnout Legends doesn't) But most games do.

Before you proceed messing with your firmware be advised that you can brick and break your psp forever if you leave out a step or something. Be sure if you have a TA-082 PSP also. Even though the TA-082 PSP have the same capabilities as other Versions its important to make sure you read any special instructions that may require you to do an extra step. Find out if your is a TA-082 Motherboard Here
    The only time your psp is at risk of bricking forever is when you're altering the PSP's Flash Memory.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  4. pimpsquek

pimpsquek Member

I do have a problem with that. I've just upgraded from 2.71 SE-C to 3.03 OE-C, and i can't play Fight NIght, NBA Live 07 & GTA LCS. but dragonball Z & Miami vice do work fine.
    *Note all are ISO games, & i do not use UMD (UMD Sampler) in playing games. but in 2.71 FW i don't have any problems on the ff games.

5. shawn14

shawn14 Guest

HELP ME !!!!!!! ive done this b4 but seriously need help! ok ive got V2.00 and wont v3.10eo-a wen i try to start to upgrader it says summit like cldnt find file help!!!!! email me at.. the_welshiest_2k7@hotmail.co.uk... anyhelp will be appreciated and if u help ill help u with a prob!! thankZ

6. j0p0

j0p0 Regular member

Downgrade to 1.5 then u can upgrade to customs.

7. matthewch

matthewch Member

so the cd creator files are the same things as iso's? damit. i thought they were messed up and i deleted them. can u also ugrade to 3.03oe-c with a ta-082 as well?

8. teamc

teamc Guest

im having problems getting my .iso problems to even show under the "game " icon...i downloaded scarface and extracted it using WINrar....then went into it and found the ISO folder conataining the scarface.cso game file...i move that over to the root of my mem stick under ISO :)f/ISO/scarface.cso)...then when i go to play the game in the PSP...i cant even find the game....it doesnt even show up......i have a ta-082...3.03 OE-C and am not sure if i need to adjust my configurations somehow or have an emulator of some sort or sumthing?...i dont kno cuz i thot 3.03 OE-C was supposed to play all homebrews and iso's with no additional emulators and such.....any clues people??

9. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

pimpsquek go to recovery mode and try enable UMD then try playing some of your games if it dont work then go back to recovery mode and disable UMD hopefully some of your games should work....

10. xilicon

xilicon Member

teamc: if you have 3.03 oe-c then the iso should show up - unless the file is corrupted. I had this happen to me before and downloading another file worked. when it does show up you might need to enble/disable umd in recovery mode (and I also needed a valid umd disc in the drive for some games).

11. pimpsquek

pimpsquek Member

truepaki - dude i've tried that, unfortunatelly i really need a UMD to play all the games i want, the thing that is bugging me is that, how come i can play all the games in 2.71 SE-C FW even i don't have any UMD (UMD Sampler) inserted. This problem only occur when i've upgraded to 3.03 OE-C.

12. Garish31

Garish31 Member

updating to 3.03 from 2.71 with devhook still in the memory stick or psp system will BRICK your psp

13. pimpsquek

pimpsquek Member

don't know with that, but i did it and didn't have any problem..

14. Garish31

Garish31 Member

thank God

it was under warranty i got a new one

anyway i bricked my psp because i did not know where to put the CSO games in my memory stick

can you help me?

i have a 2.71 ta 082 motherboard
    i have already modified it to FW 1.5
    thanks

15. Vaindetta

Vaindetta Regular member

As far as I know the only possible way to brick a PSP is altering the Flash 0. Unless you've partially bricked it.

16. yamum_33

yamum_33 Member

um i need help. I downloaded NBA Live 07 4 PSP and there is a folder called ISO. In the folder is a CSO file, not an ISO file. how am i supposed 2 get it on my PSP??

cheers

oh by the way I'm usin 3.03 Firmware

17. yamum_33

yamum_33 Member

Since i wrote my last reply, i have done alot of research about the CSO files, but the one i am trying to put into the ISO folder on my PSP is 800mb and my Memory Stick is only 512mb. Is there any way of compressing the CSO file to under 512mb? or do i have to download one less then 512mb for it to work.

If you can help me that would be much appreciated

thanx again

18. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Obviously.. you only have 512, how could you fit anything bigger on to it? If you want to compress it more to possibly fit on to your PSP then use this thread for help. http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=21374

19. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

or u could get a bigger one, memory cards are really cheap nowadays

20. yamum_33

yamum_33 Member

Ive been trying to upgrade my firmware from 3.03 to 3.03 OE and struggling. It says i have to have GTA LCS to make it work which i do not have. Does anyone have a adress where i can download some form of OE firmware? like 3.03 or 3.10 or whatever?

thanx