1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im about to downgrade with that TA-082 and 2.71 firmware. i have questions.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by blushift, Jan 8, 2007.

1. blushift

blushift Member

First what should i do to ensure i get away without a brick

Second, i hear something about this dual boot thing for 1.5 and 3.0 something is that anything i should no of?

Third, im new to actually using the psp, i have only used it for about 50 minutes and that was 2 watch spiderman 2 but i wanted to run some iso's through it so yer which method is best to use for me.

This new downgrader thing on the 27th, will this allow me to also play psx backups??? i heard you can do that now but i wasnt sure if this dark alex ta-082 downgrader for the 2.71 firmware could allow this.

ANyways anyones help is much appreciated because id rather take the time getting this right instead of rushing of and f***** it up then coming to a psp forum and having a winge that i bricked my psp.

Cheers!

2. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Whenever you downgrade you run the risk of bricking your PSP, but if you follow the instructions properly there is no reason why you should. If you search for the correct guide to downgrade, that will take you through the process.

Once you are 1.5 you should install Dark Alex's custom firmware 3.03 0E-A by running the easy installer at:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/999

This will allow you to play PSX games and ISO's and homebrew direct from your memory stick

3. blushift

blushift Member

Thanks bro, im gonna record this with the video cam, if it stuff up at least someone will no whats went wrong. If someone has msn messenger and no's wat happens could you please add me rob_van_dam57@(insert msn's free email i dunno wether its censored here but w/e).com

Id really appreciate it, cheers.

4. touran22

touran22 Regular member

look at my guide in my sig for downgrading.

5. blushift

blushift Member

THanks dude, i recorded the video when it was happening, i was a bit slow at selecting cause i was watching 20 20 cricket england and aus but yer other than that all systems hacked :D!

6. blushift

blushift Member

Ok now i wanna update to this 3.02OE thing. I wanna get someone to explain how to get to the latest version which from what i read was B. Again id rather have someone here explaining it rather than jumping st8 into it and bricking the psp after doing a succesful 1.5 downgrade.

7. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

The latest version is 3.03OE-a, use the link I posted earlier to download the easy installer, it will do it all for you. Just follow the instructions and all should be fine.

[EDIT] also remember to tick the install recovery folder option

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  8. touran22

touran22 Regular member

were u video? did u use my guide?

9. blushift

blushift Member

aww i gotta find the video cable ey. Ill plug it into my phones sd slot and load it up ey.

10. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yh fo sho..!

11. blushift

blushift Member

Ok ive got it to the 3.02b. Now what i wanna no is, how do you remove the update patches like from the memory card so for 1 i have more space*like i need it*, 2 i dont have some dipshit friend delibrately brick my psp by half loading it.

Cheers!

12. Athrun_C

Athrun_C Member

You can format your memory stick now cause you don't need them anymore...

Athrun_C

13. blushift

blushift Member

cheers dude

14. blushift

blushift Member

ok now ive tried to play that mario smash brothers thing for psp and i get the error 8002014c game could not start. I took out the umd disk and still the same error.

Do i need some sorta loader for it because i thought u didnt require any loader once u got to this firmware.

Thanks for bearing with me.

15. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

You need to put that into the Game150 folder.