1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused about DVD burning software

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by karatone, Jun 12, 2003.

1. karatone

karatone Regular member

I purchased a Pioneer A05 amd the software that came with the drive is Pinnacle , Roxio Creator basic 5,and Sonic MyDVD,are any of these programs for burning DVD's out of the box,or do I need to pay for some sort of upgrade thru via internet download? It seems like a rip off to have to pay for separate burning software if this is the case,if so,what are the best programs out there and how much do they cost?? I need advice , thanks

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Are you talking about backing up DVD movies? If so you can first try DVDShrink free from this site. If you are talking about burning video to DVD from your hard drive then either the Pinnacle or Sonic software will do the job. Check out the download sections from this site too.

3. JLP

JLP Member

To RIP DVD : DVD Decrypter or Smartripper.
    To RESIZE DVD > 4.36 Gig : the best is DVDShrink (free !). Second choice : DVDOne.
    To AUTHOR DVD : MyDVD is OK, Sonic ReelDVD is the best for me, but it's not cheap !
    To BURN DVD : the best : Stomp RecordNow and Nero last version.

You must see the download section of this excellent site and you'll find what you need.

PS : Roxio is the most hugly program I know to burn DVD !